Premeire Process Speed

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by joeasu, Dec 27, 2011.

1. joeasu

joeasu New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    I have had my premeire for almost 6 monts now and have been very dissapointed with its process speed. It seems everything I do on the unit, it has to think about it every step of the way. Where the spped is worse is while playing the games. My old HD unit was much faster with less waiting.

My question is, is this a common problem with this unit? Are there any fixes in which I can perform?

Thank you for any help...

2. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    Switch to the SDUI if you do not like the functionality of the HDUI...

I am not sure what you mean "playing games", I tend to watch TV with my TiVo.

3. joeasu

joeasu New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    I use the games as a reference point of unit speed. Using the games on the bedroom HD unit, the movement speed is good. On my premeire, its slow and bogs down. Also I get a lot of spinning green circle when going through menus. My older HD unit just does what you want to do with hessitation.

4. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    Then swap to the SDUI menus if it bothers you. As for the games, they are legacy HMO apps and the processor on the premier is faster then on you HD - so i can't say why you believe it is slower.

Is your box brand new? Is it still indexing the menus?

Who knows - but thanks for the first post.

5. EldRick

EldRick New Member

Jan 3, 2012
    My PXL is dog-slow and often unresponsive for several seconds on the HD menus.

I suspect that this is related to the advertising that they plaster all over the tivo screen.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    if that were true then everyone would be having a several second delay. I am assuming you are associating the discovery bar as advertising. I have found several programs with the discovery bar that I otherwise would have never watched.

7. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    i have never had a delay in accessing any menu

8. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    I was sitting in my bedroom using the origional S3 last night - and decided to run through all the menus... Frankly, I really didn't notice that much more draw time difference between my Premier and the S3.

In the past from time to time I would get a green circle on the Premier but I cant remember the last time I saw one of those.

But welcome to the band wagon - albiet a little late.

9. wmhjr

wmhjr Guest

Dec 1, 2007
    As I've reported elsewhere, I find my two TivoHDs to be terribly slow using the SDUI. Using the standard remote is an art, as you have to predict just where the lag will really stop. Using the Elite (with SDUI) it is incredibly faster than either of the HDs in terms of normal screen use. Guide, info, settings, you name it. It's WAY WAY faster. I don't play games on the Tivos. Never have and don't even know where the games are.