Premature Deletions

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by holligl, Oct 26, 2007.

1. holligl

holligl Member

Dec 28, 2004

Advertisements

We are experiencing shows being deleted in less than a weeks time even though the Deleted Folder has 20 or more shows in it. The shows are there in the deleted folder so it can't be a space issue. Causing a lot of finger pointing in the household. Anyone else seeing this?

2. George Cifranci

George Cifranci TiVo Bolt 500GB - TE4 UI

Jan 30, 2003
    Columbus,...
    I haven't experienced premature deletions. You might want to consult with your doctor on that one. :p

But seriously folks....

Click on "View Recording History" under the "To Do List" and maybe that might give you a clue as to what happened?

Also, if it was a space issue they wouldn't be in the Deleted folder. Someone in your household must be deleting them.

What version of the Tivo software you running? Is this a Series 3?

3. holligl

holligl Member

Dec 28, 2004
    THD, 9.1, recently bumped to 9.2(j)

4. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    I would bet that you have KUID (Keep Until I Delete) Season Passes or Wishlists. The TiVo treats KUID shows at the highest possible priority, even to the extent of reserving space now for a KUID show that is only scheduled to be recorded sometime in the future. Thus it will delete non-KUID shows prematurely now in order to reserve space for some KUID show that it just found out will be shown in 12 days.

This is a long-time "feature" of the TiVo OS (eg, version 2 had it). You can argue whether or not it should be changed, but, IMO, at the minimum TiVo should warn folks about it when they change a season pass to KUID.

5. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...

Advertisements

Maybe it's Keep At Most rearing its ugly head? That would delete recordings on its own.

As George said, check your recording history. It's usually quite verbose on why something did or didn't happen.

6. holligl

holligl Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Here was the problem. Had both a series 2 and THD. Using a single remote. (Know where this is going?)

Some how the 1/2 programing got reset. The remote was controlling both units regardless of the 1/2 switch setting. Thinking we were deleting only the displayed TIVO it was also deleting whatever show was highlighted on the other. Reprogrammed the remote and reset both TiVos. Working fine now. Both feed through the same HDMI Receiver, so you never see them both at the same time.

7. RoyK

RoyK New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    SW VA
    Good detective work!!

8. Laserfan

Laserfan Member

Apr 25, 2000
    USA
    I'll say; good job finding it holligl! :up: