Prem- voice not in sync with video

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by marca320, Sep 27, 2011.

1. marca320

marca320 New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    I have a Prem which I just added a cable card. The voice is about a second behind the video. I reset the Tivo and cable card. Any ideas other then try a new cable card?

Thanks!

2. HeatherA

HeatherA Old AVS Forum Member

Jan 9, 2002
    I've noticed this lately on a few shows recorded on my PremiereXL... not every show so I wasn't sure if it was my HD or the networks.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    How is the Premiere connected to the TV?

Do you also run sound to an A/V receiver? If so, how?

4. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    I noticed this a bit on my premiere as well right when I first set it up. Not any longer though. I'm using the optical out to an AV receiver. (I did notice that the audio still went through the hdmi to my TV as well. seemed a bit odd)

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Why does it seem odd? How is the TiVo supposed to know that you want that disabled?

6. windsurfdog

windsurfdog Hoof Hearted?

May 1, 2009
    If you are running all devices through an AVR, be sure to play a blu-ray/dvd to set your audio sync with the AVR. Otherwise, if you use a cable/satellite/OTA source to set audio sync, there is no guarantee that the source is correctly sync'ed. I frequently notice sync problems from Comcast...even called them one day when audio was almost a second behind video on one channel...told the tech to look at the same channel on one of his monitors there...he saw what I was seeing and supposedly rebooted their satellite receiver which sync'ed everything back just fine.

I've never seen any audio/video sync problems caused by dvr boxes and would look elsewhere unless all other possibilities have been exhausted.