PPV service up today

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by OzSat, Jun 27, 2011.

1. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Channel 554 is now up with details on how you can watch the upcoming live PPV event on TiVo.

However, as I type the displayed page (http://virginmedia.com/TiVoLiveEvents) is not yet up - but you can call 0800 519 6920 to book the event too.

Once booked you'll be able to watch the event live (and repeats) on 555.

2. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    Just saved their bacon on that one then ;)

3. Karnak

Karnak 'Local'

Jan 13, 2003
    Glad I don't like boxing. This whole thing seems to have been a massive drama :)

4. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    I have never watched any PPV event but I can certainly see how not having the same ability to order them via the box is a major issue with the Tivo.

5. dannylau

dannylau New Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Funnily enough all of the current "major issues" with the Tivo aren't an issue for me, I don't do PPV, I don't like tennis so I don't need the red button, the padding issue isn't a problem I rather like being able to use different padding for different channels, 1 min ether side is more than enough for most satellite channels but I give the beeb 3 mins, I have never used reminders as I record everything I want to watch and view it later so I can FF through the adverts.

I'm not saying these shouldn't be addressed but from a personal point of view it doesn't bother me.

6. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    The online booking system is now up and running.

7. Karnak

Karnak 'Local'

Jan 13, 2003
    I generally agree with you. I consider myself lucky that none of those bother me either.

My biggest problems surround the UI being a little slow and me wanting a nice shiny iPad/Android app to play with.

8. metalguru

metalguru New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    I booked this yesterday via the internet for the Tivo, a painless quick way, email reply telling me to check on channel 555 and all was well:D

9. Ianl

Ianl New Member

Nov 16, 2000
    so , where has this gone? was it just a one off for the boxing? i asumed i would be able to order the summerslam ppv