Power went out, now basic cable gone~help!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by whppdhubby, Jun 21, 2009.

1. whppdhubby

whppdhubby New Member

May 7, 2007

Advertisements

My power went out for over 5 hours. When it went back on I have encountered the following. Basic cable not found! When the Tivo is off I get the cable picture. When I turn Tivo on the screen is blue I hit the progressive button,The screen changes to what it should ve but is black and says at the bottom basic cable not found!
    After messing with it for an hour I even did a repeat guided setup. So if you are reading this know, that did not solve anything. The wiring in the back co ax and power never changed.When Tivo is off I get all cable channels. I redid the guided set up (it shows all correct channels) what little thing am I over looking?
    Anyway to blame the wife?
    I have the Toshiba model one with the built in DVD# sd h400
    All other TV's in house a working.
    The problem TV is cable direct in, no cable box set up!

2. mikeb213

mikeb213 New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Have you tried changing out your cables?

3. whppdhubby

whppdhubby New Member

May 7, 2007
    I am getting a signal thru the cable. When power is off I get the signal. When power is on I just get basic cable not found. The power simply was out in my area for 5 hours.

4. mikeb213

mikeb213 New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    are you plugged into a surge protector?

5. whppdhubby

whppdhubby New Member

May 7, 2007

Advertisements

Plugged in top surge strip. All other functions work on the unit. I can view recorded programs, see the guide, see setup page etc. Just no cable signal when unit is turned on. Thanks