Power Point files on TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by huey009, Jan 16, 2006.

1. huey009

huey009 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Salina

Advertisements

Is this possible or already available as an HME application? Just wondering, thanks in advance.

2. john123

john123 New Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Washington,US
    I don't know of any good way of doing this, but you could always convert them to jpegs, and then view then in the photo browser application.

3. ChuckyBox

ChuckyBox New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    To the best of my knowledge, no such application exists. It is, however, a really cool idea. If it could be made to work, I imagine people would come up with some pretty interesting ways to put it to use.

4. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    It looks like there are some software utils out there to convert PPT to video. TiVo supports MPEG2. Also you could save the PPT as image files and string them together in something like Nero Vision and save it as an MPEG. It'd probably require some effort, but I'd say it can be done.

If you export the PPT as jpegs, an HME app that talks to a command line interface of a video app (ffmpeg?) could probably automate the conversion and drop it into your TiVo desktop folder. Alternately, it could create a slideshow of the JPEGs without any video conversion. The idea of video appeals to me though. :)