Power of 10 - 08.28. ** SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RoundBoy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005

Advertisements

So far... 7 minutes in.. amber is crying.

I'm glad Amber got the go ahead to play... besides danielle's retarded guesses.. amber looks like she would be more entertaining when she crashes...

2. Jolt

Jolt Disgruntled Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Corpus...
    If Amber only knew what America thoguth of her. LOL

3. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    "I don't know what Scrutinize means."

4. DLL66

DLL66 Member

Oct 20, 2002
    TN
    Wow..............she is really going to shoot up when she leaves the BB house!!

5. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX

Advertisements

Best Amber line:

"Hey. I like Michael Vick."

And then later to learn that her family raised pit bulls. Yeah, Drew was right...she's not gonna like him when she gets out.

6. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Anyone else think it's ridiculous to give those two even MORE airtime? :rolleyes:

I just KNEW one of them would say that as soon as the question was revealed.

"This is Amber's cousin, whom she hasn't seen in over nine weeks. So how often do you see your cousin?"

"Oh, about twice a year."

:rolleyes:

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    The girl at the start of the show was pretty damn hot.
    Funny that she dropped her boyfriend for her dad and then missed the question.

Nothing very interesting tonight...I don't watch BB, and contestants dropped like flies.

8. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    I felt bad for the first girl... what was it, 3% she missed by?

As for the BB8 contestants... I'm glad amber went up... her stupid comments made it that much better...

On the bb side of things... the quote was:

" Do you really think he's hosting the PIR" ?

"nope"

9. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    If I was in the audience, I would of yelled out "Erics America's player!!" lol

10. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I thought the same thing - I would have thought someone would have tried to say something - did anyone else notice they seemed to be wearing headphones when they walked in? I wondered if that was to prevent them from hearing anything from anyone like that?

11. Mr. Happypants

Mr. Happypants Bal'more Hon

Jan 29, 2006
    Isn't it a little early in the show to start bringing out pseudo-celebrity players? I'd much rather watch "real people" playing than those reality show bimbos any day.

Drew can improvise with the best of 'em though, he's got the Game Show Host Gift alright!

12. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Well, they're both CBS shows and for CBS it was just a way to get higher ratings by getting BB viewers to watch the show.

13. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    According to a news article I read online today, Amber was anti-Semitic and of course people saw it on the live feed (of BB).

14. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Are we talking about the Drew Carrey game show, "Power of Ten", or something else?? :confused:

15. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Two of the houseguests from Big Brother were contestants on Power of Ten, so there's some crossover discussion going on.

16. jrinck

jrinck Certified Neurotic

Nov 23, 2004
    This show is just another guessing game like Deal or No Deal is.

It amazes me how these shows can be so popular when there is no amount of skill required to play.

17. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I think it has to do with not having to be a brainiac geek to win something of value - or to follow along and be entertained (see "Wheel of Fortune"). I would imagine it's a broader appeal to the American TV audience. Me, I prefer the brianiac geek game shows - oh, and "Whose Line"! :)

18. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I wouldn't put it on the same level as the completely unskilled, wild-guessing-game as "Deal or No Deal" or "Set for Life", because you have to try to think your way through your response in "Power of Ten". But, since it's based on opinion polls, it's less based on facts and more on intuition, so there is a large amount of guessing involved in coming up with an answer.
    Has the new "Price is Right" started airing yet? I heard Drew Carrey actually injured himself during a taping of one of the segments. And are the prizes doled out the same way as for the Bob Barker version of the show, or have they upped the ante to the standard million dollar prizes of the evening guessing gameshows?

19. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    October 15th.