Post your favorite moments from TV

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bareyb, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Jun 8, 2014 #1 of 42
    bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Post your favorite moments from your favorite TV Shows past or present. I think it could bring back some great memories. Here's one I thought of today in another thread:

That's one of my favorite Ross moments. That and the "PIVOT!!!" scene with the couch in the stairwell. :D

2. Jun 8, 2014 #2 of 42
    pahunt

pahunt Active Member

Apr 7, 2003
    England
    I was only quoting that one yesterday as I helped carrying furniture upstairs. Weird how one of the funniest things to come out of a 10 season sitcom was to over-pronounce a perfectly normal word.

3. Jun 8, 2014 #3 of 42
    bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Just watched it. Made me laugh again. :D

4. Jun 8, 2014 #4 of 42
    jamesl

jamesl Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
  5. Jun 8, 2014 #5 of 42
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Love those two Ross moments. Loved the end of the 'tan' episode when Chandler fooled him into opening the door.

When Ross got his teeth whitened was pretty funny, too. He had a date with a girl and when he turned the lights off his teeth glowed. Argh - I had another Ross one and it just flew out of my head.

There were quite a lot of great Ross moments. I love all of the characters of this show (yup, still watch it), but he had some of the funniest moments of all. Also loved the series ending.

One classic moment was the series finale of Newhart when he wakes up in bed
    with his wife from his first series. (that's not a spoiler, is it?)
    Ok, I spoilerized it just in case. For me, that was the best series finale moment of all.

6. Jun 8, 2014 #6 of 42
    Silverman

Silverman New Member

Jan 18, 2013
    The first episodes of Private Practice and Dont trust the B----in Apt 31 were wonderful and a complete surprise, super exhilarating! I had season pass till all ended after that.

Yes the end of Newhart was sure better than the show ever had been. I just don't get why they didn't just continue the first show.

The Desperate Housewives where Teri Hatcher fell out the window, that kept the season pass to the end too.

7. Jun 8, 2014 #7 of 42
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas

8. Jun 8, 2014 #8 of 42
    Silverman

Silverman New Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Heck I forgot my all time favorite, Buffy Vampire Slayer where she is turned into a mouse. Several other episodes were close to as good. I wish she would make a Buffy movie or something. If Kristin Bell can get it done I'd think Sarah could.

9. Jun 8, 2014 #9 of 42
    Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    I love "Slow Donnie" (David Cross) from Just Shoot Me.

"My pants are tight!!"

Vacuum!

10. Bettamojo5

Bettamojo5 Rolling Along

Apr 12, 2004
    New...
    WKRP "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwgWKRP[/media]

Big Bang Theory - Sheldon Hugs Penny

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttRfgiyhUcA[/media]

11. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    @Bettamojo5. I thought I'd seen every episode of BBT. How did I miss that??? Classic. That was a great contribution to the thread. It actually made me a little emotional. :eek:

ETA: I never thought I'd ever say this, but... Thank you Alfer. That's some good stuff you posted there. :D:D:D

12. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Actually, I think you only have to post the words "As God is my witness..." in relation to great TV moments, and everybody instantly knows to what you refer.*

(I'm still trying to figure out how the writers of that show did research at every station at which I ever worked, and every station at which anyone else I ever knew in the business ever worked, and yet no one ever saw them)

*Perhaps I should start the AGIMW meme :)

13. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    If you haven't seen that episode, go, find it now. It is the BEST of the BEST of all of them. I have it on my 'do not delete' list for the TiVo.

14. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Will do. :)

15. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    That's what I was going to post. One of the funniest TV episodes ever from an otherwise average series.

So many funny 'quotes' from Donny too.

"Chicken-pot Chicken-pot Chicken-pot pie!"

"My pants are tight"

16. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas

17. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    There's just too many. It's like saying, what is your favorite food? It all depends on my mood at the time. A few I was thinking of:

M*A*S*H - episode where Henry Blake dies, episode where supplies are short and everyone has to share tents (some of the funniest lines of the show)

Friends - episode where Ross and Rachel have it out after the first breakup and the gang is trapped in the bedroom with the hair removing strips and are listening to the fight

St. Elsewhere finale

Sopranos - where they whack Adriana (probably one of the most intense moments of any show I can remember)

Taxi - Where Jim gets his driver's license

Night Court - where Laroquette's character has to catch a plane for vacation where they have a slow talker at the end

Seinfeld - The Contest, the Marine Biologist, the Keith Hernandez episode, and a dozen more.

18. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I forgot about the Donnie character on Just Shoot Me. That was one creepy character. I guess that was the point, but very well played. For the longest time I could only see Donnie when I saw that actor.

I also loved the 'Sheldon hugs Penny' moment, mentioned above, with the christmas present. When he kept bringing out all the presents from the bed and bath store I couldn't stop laughing.

I can still see the scene in M*A*S*H when Radar comes into the ER to announce Henry's plane having gone down. :( Masterfully done.

Ross - "WE WERE ON A BREAK!" ha! Loved how the girls did the hair removing wax strips on the guys.

These are fun to read! :) There have been so many great moments in TV.

19. harrinpj

harrinpj Member

Oct 29, 2004

20. Wilhite

Wilhite ...no stinkin' title

Oct 26, 2003
    Sonny and Cher on The Late Show in 1987.

Tim Conway & Harvey Korman - The Dentist

Tim Conway and the rest - The Elephant