Post-suggestions channel change

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by WhoMe, Aug 10, 2006.

1. WhoMe

WhoMe New Member

Aug 30, 2005

Advertisements

I recently noticed that once my S2 540 TiVo running 7.3.1 finishes recording a suggestion and without asking first, it changes the live TV channel even though there are no scheduled recordings and it's not recording another suggestion. Once this has occurred, the enter/last channel button does not return to the previous channel (there is a tone but other behavior). I thought this was strange so I figured it was a good reason for a first post. This does not occur for recordings that I've scheduled and I am not using KidZone. Is this the intended behavior?

2. maki

maki New Member

Oct 23, 2003
    Minneapolis
    After it records a suggestion, it returns to the channel it was idling on before - to seem as though it never affected your viewing.

3. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Yeah, people used to complain that they'd leave the TiVo on a channel and come back to find it was on a different channel, and they didn't like that. So TiVo now has Suggestions, and any other non-user-recording, tune back to the channel it was previously on to act as if nothing had happened. That was introduced a few code revisions back.

And welcome to the forums.

4. WhoMe

WhoMe New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I guess I didn't notice until now that it changes the channel back. I also thought you could hit the last/enter button to get back to what was on. Either way, no big deal... Just thought it might be new. Thanks for the info.

5. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

Advertisements

it is somewhatr new. Version 7.2 something I think. Good eye for detail on seeing the channel change.

Welcome to the forum