Possible to send video to TiVo Bolt?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by RoadHazard, May 30, 2020.

1. RoadHazard

RoadHazard New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Pacific...
    I've been away for a while so I've lost track of what's doable and what's not.

Is it still possible to send video from a PC to a TiVo? I have a ton of TV shows and movies in my Plex media server library and would like to copy/move a few of them over to my TiVo Bolt Vox for ready playback. (My wife much prefers the TiVo GUI to the Plex GUI.)

I used to do this all the time with pyTiVo, kmttg, and/or TiVo Desktop but I get the feeling that all three options are now a no-go and that it's no longer possible to send video to a TiVo unit in any way, shape, or form. Please tell me I'm wrong.

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    It's only possible if your Bolt is running the older TE3 (version 20.x) software. TE4 (version 21.x) removed the ability to transfer from a PC to a TiVo.

3. RoadHazard

RoadHazard New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Pacific...
    Rats. Well, thanks for the confirmation, anyway.

4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
  5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    By the way: note that you can sidegrade back to TE3 from TE4, except on the specifically-denominated Bolt OTA box and the Edge platform. (You will, however, lose the recordings on your box; transfer anything you want to save to your PC first.)

6. bobfrank

bobfrank Active Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Now you know one major reason many of us choose to stay with TE3.