Possible Friday Night Lights Cast Addition

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by WhiskeyTango, Jul 18, 2007.

1. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey

Advertisements

Rosie O'Donnell. This is one of my favorite shows but if this happens I think I might have to reconsider my viewing habits with this show.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-e...iello-Report/Exclusive-Rosie-Friday/800018789

2. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Is her name getting thrown out there for everything? IMO, she wouldn't play well to this show's target demographic, and I just don't see her fitting in in a small Texas town. I call BS.

Edit: after reading the article, it would just be a guest spot on one episode. I guess I could see that, but still don't think she's right for the role they described.

3. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    Oh, I totally disagree, I think she'd be perfect for the role (although, I will acknowledge that I'm picturing your stereotypical female sports coach that seems to fit in with Rosie's lifestyle).

I wouldn't mind it for one episode - her arc didn't ruin Nip/Tuck for me - but I really don't like the idea of her coming back for more episodes.

4. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I don't know what to think about this. I'd like to think that FNL is above this kind of stunt casting, but I know they are desperate for any bump in their ratings at all.

Otoh, I think Rosie would turn off as many people as she might bring to the show, so I don't think a guest appearance by her would really get any bump in the numbers at all. So I don't see how this would help the show in the end.

5. LacyinTX

LacyinTX New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Texas

Advertisements

Oh Please NO.....

I love FNL and I want to ratings to improve, but not with a stunt like this. And that is what it looks like to me.

I couldn't care less about her politics/lifestyle/feuds etc... It's not those things that bother me. I used to love Rosie. She was funny and quirky... but lately she just seems angry all the time. I just don't get the "funny" from her anymore.

6. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Hated her in Nip/Tuck and don't want her in FNL

NOooooOooOOOO

7. lodica1967

lodica1967 Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Hawaiian...

This sums up my Rosie feelings as well. My feelings are not a lifestyle/political judgement. That said......

NO! Please any show but FNL! This is my favorite new show and Rosie can only hurt ratings. She doesn't have the fan base she use to have. Plus I am not sure whe appeals to the FNL demographic???

I feel a poll coming on. Anyone care to oblige?

8. Wheens

Wheens Member

Jan 1, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Well, my negative feelings about Rosie are based on her lifestyle and politics...and I think most people who watch and like this show feel as I do. Big mistake to include her in any way.

9. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Huh? Why in the world would you think that the FNL audience is made up primarily of homophobic right-wingers? That's crazy.

I think FNL has a diverse audience and it isn't just Texan football fans. (Not that Texan football fans are all homophobic right-wingers, because I don't think that either.)

10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    From what that article says, it would only be on one show....not as a new cast member --"FNL execs are wooing the ex-View lightning rod to appear in an episode this fall." But if she's on FNL regularly, even for several eps, :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: ...I'm gone. And I love the show.

11. ThreeSoFar'sBro

ThreeSoFar'sBro Sports Nut

Oct 10, 2004
    Macomb Twp., MI
    I'm a HUGE FNL fan, and I'm a huge ANTI-fan of Rosie. I don't dislike Rosie for her lifestyle or politics--I dislike tv or movie stars pretending to be experts on topics and almost forcing their opinions on others.

If the show stays as good as it's been, I'd continue to watch. However, I'm not sure that's possible for me to think it'll still be that good w/ Rosie on it.

12. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Cue ThomasDrew in 3...2...1...

;)

13. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I didn't check out the link.

Is she gonna play the center on the other team?

Or is she gonna play the football field?

Frank

14. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    LOL! My thoughts exactly! :D

15. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    EXCELLENT!!

Unfortunately, this story indicates it would be a recurring role (6 or 7 eps).... :mad:

16. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I have no problem with Rosie she is actually not that bad of an actress and hey she does kind of look like some of the woman in west Texas. I think this could be good I trust the producers not to just pull a publicity stunt.

17. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Ausiello's report on TV Guide quotes the executive producer as saying the episode in which she would appear is 6 or 7 episodes into the season. He then says, "It would be one episode, but the way we right things we are open to abrupt things".

It looks to me like the article you cited on Fox News is a bit off the mark.

18. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah, maybe they misread the "6 or 7" into the number of eps in which she would appear instead of what you said - 6 or 7 eps into the season. I could stomach one ep....but 6 or 7 would give me serious gastrointestinal problems.