Possible Fix For Series 1 Update Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tetspa, Jan 15, 2009.

  1. tetspa

    tetspa New Member

    200
    0
    Mar 17, 2005

    Advertisements

    Here is what worked for me: I went into setup and CHANGED THE NUMBER TO DIAL FOR UPDATES - at first TIVO dials a central number to download the "update phone list" - now that took 3-4 attempts before it was finally successful. Once it was successful, I picked a different number than it had been dialing to for the past month, did a test call (successful), then forced a daily call. The TIVO stayed connected for about 45 minutes, hung up, then started loading data! It looks like it will take about 3 hours to load it all, but it worked. Perhaps just a co-incidence, but since it worked on the first try I am optimistic. SO ALL SERIES 1 OWNERS - PICK ANOTHER NUMBER TO UPDATE FROM AND GIVE IT A SHOT.

    If it works, let me know at tetspa@hotmail.com.
     
  2. ditch

    ditch Couch PoTiVo

    148
    0
    Jul 22, 2003
    K.C. North
    Been there, done that. Also replaced the exterior modem, no change.

    Let us know if it still works for you in a couple of days.
     
  3. mec1991

    mec1991 Cranky old coot

    659
    0
    Nov 5, 2004
    Back home...
    Same here. It does absolutely nothing to fix the problem. That was one of the first things I did on my own before learning of the apparently widespread problem here.
     
  4. tetspa

    tetspa New Member

    200
    0
    Mar 17, 2005
    I'm still getting data - I do get the "service unavailable" error perhaps 50% of the time, but at least I get through and get data the other 50%. Never went more than 3 days without a successful download.
     

Share This Page

spam firewall

Advertisements