Possible Fix For Series 1 Update Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tetspa, Jan 15, 2009.

1. tetspa

tetspa New Member

Mar 17, 2005

Advertisements

Here is what worked for me: I went into setup and CHANGED THE NUMBER TO DIAL FOR UPDATES - at first TIVO dials a central number to download the "update phone list" - now that took 3-4 attempts before it was finally successful. Once it was successful, I picked a different number than it had been dialing to for the past month, did a test call (successful), then forced a daily call. The TIVO stayed connected for about 45 minutes, hung up, then started loading data! It looks like it will take about 3 hours to load it all, but it worked. Perhaps just a co-incidence, but since it worked on the first try I am optimistic. SO ALL SERIES 1 OWNERS - PICK ANOTHER NUMBER TO UPDATE FROM AND GIVE IT A SHOT.

If it works, let me know at tetspa@hotmail.com.

2. ditch

ditch Couch PoTiVo

Jul 22, 2003
    K.C. North
    Been there, done that. Also replaced the exterior modem, no change.

Let us know if it still works for you in a couple of days.

3. mec1991

mec1991 Cranky old coot

Nov 5, 2004
    Back home...
    Same here. It does absolutely nothing to fix the problem. That was one of the first things I did on my own before learning of the apparently widespread problem here.

4. tetspa

tetspa New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    I'm still getting data - I do get the "service unavailable" error perhaps 50% of the time, but at least I get through and get data the other 50%. Never went more than 3 days without a successful download.