Port 80 closed

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by DrNoob, May 24, 2018.

1. DrNoob

DrNoob New Member

May 24, 2018
    Hi all.

So I have a TiVo machine. I can log in at https://ip successfully. However, download links point to the TiVo machine on the http server(port 80), which is closed. Why is it closed? Could I do anything to open it? If I try to download anything it fails(because no http server is listening).
    Please no talk about router or ISP here. This has nothing to do to this issue, which depends only on the TiVo machine.

Thanks in advance o_O

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Have you rebooted the TiVo? Sometimes its internal web server can get stuck.
    Do you have anything else running like TiVo Desktop, pyTivo or kmttg?
    The only other thing I can think of is the firewall on your computer.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I logged on to my basic Premiere. I downloaded a program. No errors except for the initial Certificate error.

4. DrNoob

DrNoob New Member

May 24, 2018
    I tried rebooting with no luck.
    I have nothing installed from what you said.
    It's not from my computer firewall; I use nmap to scan ports and shows 443 but not 80.
    Thanks for your interest, but this seems hard:(

5. DrNoob

DrNoob New Member

May 24, 2018
    I don't know how your post could help me in any way

6. ggieseke

May 30, 2008
    Even nmap will fail if the firewall is blocking it, and Windows Firewall (if that's what you're using) can do the darndest things. Disabling it temporarily is always worth a shot.

If it's a Windows computer, running "route PRINT" from a command prompt might help. It's always possible that it's redirecting all port 80 calls to the internet instead of your home network.

You also mentioned your router as a "don't go there", but I will anyway. Even if the packets from your computer are getting through to the TiVo the reply packets could be going to the wrong next hop.

7. DrNoob

DrNoob New Member

May 24, 2018
    Let me explain better what is going on.

I'm doing nmap in the following scenario: My PC, running nmap over linux at the end of a ethernet cable, tivo is on the other end of the cable. Here is no router. I don't understand which firewall could be blocking it. I'm not running any firewall on my linux, and if the firewall you mean is on TiVo, then, the question would be how to disable it. Running traceroute here does not make any sense either.

8. ggieseke

May 30, 2008
    The other firewall that I'm thinking of is the router itself. TiVos don't have any firewall running, so that's not the issue.

9. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    You have video downloads enabled on the TiVo's device preferences at TiVo.com?

Scott

10. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Maybe run the Network Troubleshooting Diagnostics? It has a test for port 80. Just to be sure.

11. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If you have no router, how are IP addresses managed? Do you have both PC and TiVo using static IPs and subnet masks?