Poor Programing Management

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Testpattern, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Testpattern

Testpattern Testpattern

Dec 5, 2006
    OKC America
    I, as many others, continue to struggle with receiving only first run recordings as requested. Even though the system is correctly setup and my season pass properly set up, this happens. Some say this is faulty guide data... maybe.

But I also have an issue with my season pass recording on a channel other than what I specified. An example would be I set Cox channel 735 (an HD channel) to grab first run episodes of "Something" . I later see that TiVo recorded those first run shows on 735 and, repeats on 735, plus repeats on channel 35??? Channel 35 was never requested but since the program reruns play on that channel, TiVo grabbed it.

Difficult to accept this as being a guide issue.

Anyone else see this?

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Season passes are channel specific, so you shouldn't ever get recordings from other channels from that pass. Is it possible the other programs are from some other wishlist or from tivo suggestions?

3. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I don't want first run recordings, I want recordings of shows I haven't seen yet. I wish there was an option to keep a database of the synopsis from the guide and record any shows I haven't yet recorded which have a never before seen synopsis.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    That's what I suspect.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I see it all the time, but I know that when I see it, it's because my Tivo recorded older episodes of the tv series as suggestions. TiVo suggestions will appear in both the suggestions folder and an existing folder of the same title in the My Shows list or the NPL in older models.

6. h00ligan

h00ligan New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    That may be the designed behaviour, but it is most certainly not the actual behaviour.

'show a' airs on channel a marked as new - tivo records
    'show a' airs on channel b 'subsidiary' marked as new for that channel - tivo records.

Happens all the time with FSC and FSAZ.

Tivo's guide results are absolutely miserable right now at least the program designations - are a disaster.

I wonder how long it will take them to stop recording FX shows 3 minute replays - which are clearly marked as reruns in the data we see. They need to start running a compare on their end before pushing data.. it's not that complicated... but years in the making, if ever.

As long as they keep using two sets of data (one for them one for our screens) there will be disparity and confusion.

7. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It is impossible. Season Passes are channel specific. They always have been. You are either using auto-record wishlists or you are seeing suggestions being recorded.