Poll: Should reality contestants be brought back to play again (game show type)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Aug 23, 2011.

Reality show contestants should be allowed to play again.....

1. Never - I saw them once, don't need to again

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. In All-Star format only - all old contestants

27 vote(s)
    58.7%
  3. Sprinkled in with new contestants

9 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. The only reality I know is the one I'm living!

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    It seems to me that on EVERY reality of the "game show" variety (i.e. Survivor, Big Brother, The Apprentice, etc.) they have been bringing back old players to play again. Now I'm OK with All Stars (as long as the All Stars are limited to those who only played their original season), but I am really starting to hate that they bring back the same players over and over again. Boston Rob has played, what, four times on Survivor already? Russell Hantz, 3? That's enough. This season's Big Brother had SIX come back to play again.

So, what do you all think.....do you like seeing the same players over and over again?

2. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I don't really watch reality shows but Rob Mariano is a guilty pleasure. I watched him on Survivor. I just can't believe how damn deviously good he is!

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I don't mind them bringing back past contestants, as long as they weren't winners.

4. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Yes for all star seasons with all returning houseguests. No for bringing them back to mix with new players.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I would vote for BOTH all star and sprinkled in. I guess the Real World/Road Rules shows have gotten me used to having old mixed in with new.

Would I prefer at least SOME seasons of shows with all new contestants? Yes.. but it is entertaining to bring the previous people back too.

6. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    only if they are hot and female :)

7. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    In Season 1 of History Channel's Top Shot, one contestant had to drop out only 2 shows shy of the finale when she found out her father was on her deathbed. There was quite a bit of buzz over the History Channel forums at the time asking that she be allowed to return to compete in Season 2.

A similar thing happened very early in Season 2, except the contestant who dropped out had injured himself (pulled hamstring) on the very first team challenge, and had not yet healed when he dropped out. He felt his injury was holding his team back, and had he continued while still injured he probably would have been nominated for elimination anyway, based on the internal politics of his team which eventually emerged. I also would have liked to have seen him compete in a future season.

One thing that I also liked in both seasons is how some previously-eliminated contestants were allowed to come back on the last episode to cheer on the final contestants.

8. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Top Shot is a good example of a show where giving a person a second chance is good since all are competent shooters and not someone trying to be a spokesmodel somewhere. Interestingly, One Man Army is one episode and you are done. Interesting concept for a reality show. You don't get a lot of the whining and drama that you can get in others.