POLL: Moving to TiVo UK s2?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Glen, Nov 25, 2009.

What will you be doing with the new series 2 UK Tivo

1. I'm with Virgin Media! I cant wait!

32.9%
  2. I'm with Sky! gutted i'm losing out still

15.2%
  3. I'm moving to Virgin for TiVo

21.5%
  4. I have freeview so no go for me!

20.3%
  5. I have freesat so no go for me!

10.1%
  1. Glen

Glen New Member

May 9, 2004
    South Coast, UK

Advertisements

Seeing as there are so many of us back now, i thought a poll would be interesting.

2. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    Actually it will be an S3 or Tivo HD, won't it ? :)

3. Glen

Glen New Member

May 9, 2004
    South Coast, UK
    technically yes i think? but its your 2nd series TiVo over here lol

4. bradleyem

bradleyem Member

May 23, 2002
    London, England
    Absolutely will I move over; assuming Virgin's HD service is any good. I find myself watching more and more stuff in HD, so SkyHD is starting to get more and more use, even though part of me dies every time.

5. bradleyem

bradleyem Member

May 23, 2002
    London, England

Advertisements

Hmm. Quandry - The main HD channels I watch (Sky1, Sky Sports and Discovery) aren't on Virgin, so I'd lose out... :mad:

6. iankb

iankb New Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Reading, UK
    You missed out the option for having both FreeView and FreeSat (on the same box) ;)

7. romanpj

romanpj New Member

Dec 23, 2003
    UK
    And you missed an option for those of us who can't get Virgin :mad:

8. Glen

Glen New Member

May 9, 2004
    South Coast, UK
    the only one of those that isnt on Virgin is the Sky Sports. but i think you can add it by 'building your bundle, and ticking the Sky Sports Collection extra.

9. Glen

Glen New Member

May 9, 2004
    South Coast, UK
    yeah i did that on purpose. I have Sky but dont live in a Virgin area so I could have ticked either option.

10. AMc

AMc Active Member

Mar 22, 2002
    East of England
    I have Freeview (with Tivo) and Freesat (no recorder) and I'm also on Virgin, but their ADSL service not their cable network so none of the options fit properly ;)
    Voted with Freeview as that's still the primary viewing.

11. martink0646

martink0646 New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Wisbech
    I know you missed it on purpose but it is a valid option if the PR types at Virgin who trawl the web see that it's a high number of people, especially if it is an area that is cabled butn not enabled for digital...like mine!!

Can I suggest an option " I would move to Virgin but I can't get it"

Martin

12. cyril

cyril Active Member

Sep 5, 2001
    London UK
    I guess you should also have:
    a) I'm moving HOUSE to get TiVo!
    b) I'm going to pay for Virgin to dig up the road to put cable in!

I would hope for a series3 or even a series4 rather than a series2!

13. Glen

Glen New Member

May 9, 2004
    South Coast, UK
    thats a bloody good idea! But i cant find anywhere for it to let me. I'd also need to turn on multiple votes.

14. katman

katman New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    East Anglia
    You probably cant change the poll once created, that seems to be normal for most bulleting board software. Those that do allow the poll to be changed usually delete all existing votes. I would like the new option as well.

Actually I would prefer to just be able to ditch the evil Murdoch empire right now but its currently the only way I can get the channels I watch.

15. britcub

britcub Bear with a TiVo

Jan 19, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    +1 for "I would move to Virgin Media if I could get it!"

16. Gavin

Gavin Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Harlow, Essex
    Interestingly a friend asked that, he lived on a street that was cabled but not his off shoot of the road (4 houses put in later, no doubt by a developer converting a large garden.)

Virgin said it would be at least £5K to do, and at a minimum 12 to 18 months, because there was a drive way that was common to the 4 houses, that ran along the back of the gardens to the individual garages. The developer had put in the deeds all four houses had access over the driveway, and no-one could claim it as theirs and block access to the others but it didn't belong to any one house. It wasn't common land as such and VM said in all honesty as the developer had vanished there was pretty much no chance they would ever get permission to dig it up to put the cables in (there are of course gas, power and phone lines in situ, but they are there so it's a different issue).

All that to lay 3m of cable... and he went with ADSL

17. pauljs

pauljs Member

Feb 11, 2001
    UK
    none of those options apply to me, would probably get Virgin but can't as I live on a private road and they won't go down it.

18. Paul_J

Paul_J New Member

Jan 9, 2001
    Dunmow,...
    I would happily go to VM if only they would invest in my area. I suppose the most likely option is for them to offer a bundled service over ADSL once they have rolled out their own kit in a loacal telphone exchange. This is a long way off.

19. bryl

bryl New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Not in a virgin area but would move over if they made TiVo available. In the mean time still contemplating pimping my Series 1, there's plenty of life in my CRT just yet.