Poll: How many more Arrested Development Threads can we have?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DeDondeEs, Jan 6, 2006.

How many more Arrested Development threads can we have

Poll closed Jan 7, 2006.
  1. One for every person who actually watched AD

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. One for every network that will supposedly pick this show up

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. More threads than actual episodes produced

18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  1. Jan 6, 2006 #1 of 15
    DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV

Advertisements

Geeze

2. Jan 6, 2006 #2 of 15
    AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    Where's the poll? I want to vote. :D

3. Jan 6, 2006 #3 of 15
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    5 on the first page (including this one).

Is someone putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read them?

4. Jan 6, 2006 #4 of 15
    Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    Well, I think we're actually beyond the last two options, so by default we're approaching the first one.

5. Jan 6, 2006 #5 of 15
    Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC

Advertisements

There should be a selection for "We can never have enough Arrested Development threads!"

6. Jan 6, 2006 #6 of 15
    jurysch

jurysch Ever-negative

May 18, 2005
    Allen, TX
    Is this supposed to be just poking innocent fun at the fanboyish nature of Arrested Development fans or are you seriously complaining about how many AD threads there are? If you're seriously complaining about it, why would you add yet another thread about it? Doesn't it just seem easier to avoid reading those threads? It doesn't seem to make sense to poke fun at those that are fanatic about certain shows (and thus create many threads about them) on a forum that revolves entirely around analyzing every major show to death, either.

I don't mean to rip on your thread or anything, but if you want to complain about anything on this forum I think I'd pick the "only 3 days till the next Lost ep!" type topic or the pointless thread asking others to cancel your SP's along with them over too many threads about a certain show.

7. Jan 6, 2006 #7 of 15
    Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    I think the problem is that too many people are quick to start their own threads at the slightest mention of news of a certain item, rather than checking to see if another thread has been started. We've probably all done it at some point, but how many AD threads are out there at this point?

How many Firefly/Serenity threads have we had? Or 24? Or Lost? Or, going beyond television shows, how many threads are currently discussing the Series 3 TiVos? It makes it very difficult to get all the information, because people are posting in different threads.

8. Jan 6, 2006 #8 of 15
    5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    "Tell all your friends to start a thread. Please."

9. Jan 6, 2006 #9 of 15
    Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    ^^^^^

Roflol!

10. bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    :up: The number of threads is proportional to how much better it is to most anything else on broadcast TV.

I didn't say squat last Season when "Desparate Housewives" was the flavor of the month show. I'm encouraged that, even though the ratings might not reflect it, there's a loyal following here for a show that is the perfect DVR show.

11. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Never enough!!!! I'm going down with this ship, until it's truly dead and buried and every other network has passed and the sets have been struck and the actors have moved on to other projects.

I'm not sure that AD is the best show on TV (it's close but my vote is Veronica Mars), but it's surely the best comedy in ages. The Office is gaining on it, but AD still brings the funny in a way few shows ever have, at least for me. I'm very annoyed with the way that Fox seems to be holding it hostage.

12. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    You know, the more I think about it, this past weeks episode might be one of the best individual episodes of a sitcom, ever.

13. funbox

funbox New Member

Apr 5, 2002
    If we're all going down with the ship I think its time for a motivational speech...

"The ship is sinking."

14. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Why is the poll closed?

15. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    So that someone can start another one. :p