Point Pleasant. Anyone finish the series? No spoilers, please.

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ClutchBrake, Dec 30, 2005.

1. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Just curious to know if there was any closure after watching all 13 episodes.

I felt the series started off very slow but picked up considerably as the show went on. By the time it was cancelled I was enjoying it immensely.

If there was some closure I'd pick up the DVDs. If there wasn't I don't want to waste my time.

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I have the DVD set but have not yet watched it.

3. lee espinoza

lee espinoza some guy

Aug 21, 2002
    San Antonio,TX
    on the dvds there are 5 unaired episodes, I have not watched them yet.

4. cancermatt

cancermatt No Pop Culture Here.

May 20, 2002
    Newhall, CA...
    I didn't know there were 13 finalized episodes. I only remember when getting the axe from FOX, the creators just stopped working on an episode, instead of finishing it up, and they moved on. I'm surprised (but not really) there's a dvd set, would love to hear commentary on the "final" ep.

5. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I'd pop the last 2 (you need disc 2 for one of the 5) discs into my Netflix queue to watch the last 5 episodes, if only someone would post here is at least some of the threads are resolved first.

I have no interest in watching 5 more eps and being John Doe'd again.

6. edrock200

edrock200 New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    Northern...
    from a netflix reviewer:

However from this review I can't tell if the reviewer watched the extra 5 episodes or not.

7. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Well, that saved me about 4 hours of viewing.

I'm unsure if I'll invest them toward world peace, curing cancer or my new Seaquest DSV DVDs.

8. edrock200

edrock200 New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    Northern...
    amazon also has a lot of reviews but still haven't found anything concrete other than:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cu...omer-reviews.sort_by=-SubmissionDate&n=507846

9. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    i pitty your soul if you actually bought the dvd set of a unfinished season 1 show ...

nothing like helping the networks screwing viewers by paying more money to them..