pocket dish

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by gschive, Jan 14, 2006.

1. gschive

gschive New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    I am a dish network user, and have one of their new pocket dishs'. does anyone know if this will interface with TIVO as it does with Dish's $750 PVR?

2. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    I've never heard of this.

If this is the dish only, not an actual tuner box, a stand-alone TiVo isn't able to tune satellite channels. You need an actual Dish receiver, with or without PVR, to tune Dish satellite channels.

The only combo box I know of (TiVo with satellite tuner) is for DirecTV, not Dish Network.

3. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    I did some checking for you at Dish's website.

These are portable video players?

Apparently there are three, only two of which will record video from other sources besides a Dish receiver.

The two that will do this are the AV500E and the AV700E.

The other one listed (believe that was an AV4023 or Av402E) will not work with other devices.

You'll probably be able to get more info by looking at their website, like I just did.

4. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    These are Dish-branded Archos devices (using the same model numbers). You can use the higher-end ones as a basic DVR connected to a video source or use it as a portable media player (transferring shows, such as unencrypted TiVoToGo content from PC). But you cannot connect it directly to the TiVo to download shows as you can with Dish.