Pls Help Looking for a Series 2 remote shipped to Canada

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by icu_nxtime, Jul 24, 2007.

1. icu_nxtime

icu_nxtime Canadian Noob

Mar 4, 2007
    Toronto
    I am in need of a series 2 remote for my dual tuner tivo I got a series 1 remote from a guy I bought it from initially and there is no info button it. Thankfully I own another series 2 tivo so the remote for that one worked for setup.

Here is the catch I need someone willing to ship it to Toronto Canada as a gift.

I had a friend go to New York City but he couldn't find a replacement specific to the series 2. :rolleyes:

If you have a store or just have an extra one and want to sell it or get rid of it please let me know. :D

I didn't see any BST forum so I'm posting it here

Thanks

2. icu_nxtime

icu_nxtime Canadian Noob

Mar 4, 2007
    Toronto
    Tivo will not ship it to me in Canada

I need a store with some reasonable rates for shipping.

Ebay places have the remote fo $20 but $24 for shipping really kills the deal.

We often get screwed up here. Most of your big box stores offer low or no shipping fees but we can't get them to ship to Canada.

Thanks for the reply though !

3. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Check out ebay. You can find exact replacement remotes for a S2 Tivo but any Tivo peanut remote will work just fine. There are silver Thomson peanut remotes that came with the S1 UK SA Tivo and they're dirt cheap on ebay at about $6.99 or so plus shipping. You can also get just about any universal preprogrammed remote that will work with a Tivo.

4. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    They do not have the info button that Canada need for their ZIP code entry

5. c-surfer

c-surfer Member

Jul 25, 2001
    San Diego,...
    E-bay has a policy against profiteering on shipping. Report the seller if the shipping rate is beyond the cost of transit and materials. $24 for shipping sounds excessive to me.

6. icu_nxtime

icu_nxtime Canadian Noob

Mar 4, 2007
    Toronto
    weaknees cheapest ship option to Toronto is $22.49 USD insane. :confused:

I think I have a PM which is what I was hoping for from this great community of helpers here.

Thanks to all for sugestions !!!

7. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    If you're still looking, I've got a spare I'll let you have cheap.

8. icu_nxtime

icu_nxtime Canadian Noob

Mar 4, 2007
    Toronto
    Now just waiting to get it in my hands..

Great board great community.

9. BladeRnr

BladeRnr New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Winnipeg,...
    For future reference www.pvrcanada.com works well for those of us "North of the Border"...

10. TeeVee

TeeVee New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Canadians looking for Tivo may also want to check out www.thepvrsource.com
    I found their prices to be more affordable.

11. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I shipped this person the remote, cost me about $2 at the USPS, no tracking or insurance of course so some trust between both parties is needed. With tracking and insurance $22 is not too far out of line.

12. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    40% markup on TIVO store prices? I think I'd rather roll the dice on an eBay purchase, and hope for no duty.

13. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...

It is a nice place with great people. :)

14. TeeVee

TeeVee New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    When you figure in Exchange, Duty, GST and Shipping it came to almost the same as buying it in the US and I got full warranty on the unit unlike on Ebay. Just sharing my experience that's all for what it matters.