Pls. bring back New Posts w/out logging in

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by minckster, Nov 9, 2006.

1. minckster

minckster New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Manhattan NYC

Advertisements

Please bring back the ability to view New Posts without logging into TCF. When I'm logged in, New Posts is cluttered with Happy Hour General Chit-Chat, which I'm not very interested in seeing. The new setup also prevents anyone who's not registered and logged in from searching TCF.

The URL for New Posts is http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/search.php?do=getnew

2. David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jan 1, 1999
    Hello...

Sorry to say this was done for the searching by guests and now some spidering software was overloading the system. Seeing the VIEW NEW POSTS is actually a search that is run, you need to be logged in to use it. Seeing you are a member, this should not be an issue unless you logout each time and do not use the cookie function to auto log you in upon return.

Whats the sayings..."Membership has it's privileges." The good news is you are a member!

Thanks

3. minckster

minckster New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Manhattan NYC
    Thanks for the explanation! I feared the change wasn't just an oversight.

Does anyone know how I can craft one URL to return only the new posts in multiple forums (while I'm logged in)? I can do something like:
    Code:
    www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/search.php?do=getnew&f=3
    to get the new posts in one forum, but can't figure out the trick for multiple forums. I specifically don't want General Chit-Chat, but am primarily interested in f=3, f=31, and f=51.

4. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
  5. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000

Advertisements

...and this link will do a search for "New Posts" in just the three forums you requested.
    Coffee House (forum 3,) Now Playing (forum 31) and Series 3 (forum 51):

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...2,25,8,5,45,39,15,20,49,52,23,37,50&do=getnew

If any new forums are added you'll have to add it's forumID to the "exclude" list.

6. minckster

minckster New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Manhattan NYC
    Thanks Fofer! That's well above and beyond... I hope that your replies, especially the latter, didn't require too much research.