Plex TiVo To Go channel problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by iReyes, Nov 28, 2015.

1. iReyes

iReyes New Member

Nov 28, 2015

Advertisements

Hello all. I have been reading this forum for a little while and it has been tremendously helpful in figuring out some things I can use with my TiVO! But I seem to have run into an issue and can't seem to find a resolution. Please be kind in your replies. :) While I can find my way around a computer and my Synology NAS for the most part, some things are just beyond me. I don't know how to write code or any of that kind of stuff that you need to install some of the packages that are outside of package center.

Anyway, I have the Plex Server running on my Synology NAS. And it's great! I wanted to get the TiVoToGo channel working on it and have managed to install the bundle and configure it. But it doesn't play any of the videos. I can see everything listed but it says my server is not powerful enough to transcode. I have everything set up as direct play or direct stream.

To test, I set up a Plex server on my Mac and installed the channel bundle there and it works fine when watching videos on iOS and Android devices.

Did I miss a step when installing the TiVoToGo channel on my NAS? Am I better off getting a Mac Mini server and pointing it to the media on my NAS?

I have a Roamio Pro with an upgraded 2TB hard drive and a Synology DS415. I also have a MacBook Pro running El Capitan. While the TTG channel works great on the Plex server i have on my MacBookPro, it does me no good when I have to travel for work, which is why I am trying to get this working on my NAS. I'd like to be able to cast the video from my device (either iOS or Android - I have both) to a Chromecast.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. iReyes

iReyes New Member

Nov 28, 2015
    No one else has the TiVo To Go Channel in Plex on their NAS working that could provide some assistance?

3. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    Sorry, I run Plex on a low power laptop that I keep running 24/7 for that, kmttg, pytivo, remote access and a few other always on apps. As it runs windows it ws just easier for me to manage. It only uses a running 22 watts unless I have it recoding some video.