Plex constantly restarts

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by hacklert, Aug 25, 2015.

1. hacklert

hacklert New Member

Feb 13, 2014

Advertisements

When I try to play movies thru plex they begin and run for about five to ten seconds then it takes me back to main menu. I have unclicked both direct play and direct stream. When I use my phone or another device to play my plex movies they play fine. Don't think problem is with the plex server but within the Tivo software somewhere. Are others having this problem and has anyone figured out why it is happening? My system is running via MOCA and I have no other problems with my Tivo other then that.

2. hacklert

hacklert New Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Right after I posted this question I figured it out, at least for my situation. In the Settings for Plex under VIDEO it shows you the quality settings for the video. My local Quality was set to 4Mbps. I decided to drop it down to 2Mbps and bingo, everything worked. It quit restarting the movies. I'll probably move it up to 3Mbps and see if it works ok at that rate. I think this might help some of you having the same problems. Maybe it's because I'm using MOCA or having some other type of network problem. All I know is it now works. I had to set the MINI in the living room for 2Mbps too so it would work on that TV.

3. filovirus

filovirus Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Colorado
    I have 1.8Mbs H.264 stereo files from twit that are stopping mid way, going back to Tivo Central. I think this file is streamed bit for bit without any transcoding on the server side and it just seems to stop. Not sure if it is a file problem or a Plex issue. I have been streaming Twit files since Plex went live on Tivo without any issue until this past week.