Plex Can't See Server Content

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by philw1776, Jun 11, 2015.

1. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH

Advertisements

Installed plex on MAC
    Logged in
    Plex on TiVo I entered PIN on web
    Says connected
    MAC app registers TiVo Premier as a known device
    I select iPhotos
    Message on TiVo says "The server has no content yet
    Use (plex) media manager to add content"

but on the MAC I have selected iPhoto and can see photos on the plea app on the MAC

Why can't TiVo plex app see my content?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  2. ldarcangelo

ldarcangelo New Member

Oct 29, 2014
    VA
    Has the update from the Plex library finished? If you have a ton of photos it might still be populating them. Can you see the pictures on another device using the Plex app such as iPhone or Android device?

3. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    What I think my problem is is that I can't find the iPhotos folder on the MAC to add content to the library
    Plex says browse for media folder and since it's not a windows machine I can't find the "folder" with pictures it wants me to add
    YET the iPhoto CHANNEL on Plex on the Mac shows every photo

4. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Plex support informed me that "the Smart TV app ( what is on the Tivo) does not yet support channels" so Plex having the iPhotos auto-configured in channels is useless for us TiVo subscribers. After buying my Premier so I could view my MAC laptop pictures on TV, and later realizing that TiVo desktop was not functional on the Mac I was excited about TiVo Plex feature, but now...

Still trying to find the directory where Apple hides the iPhotos themselves so I can populate the Plex server's library.
    Any MAC users know?

5. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH

Advertisements

Found a workaround.

iPhoto keeps it's library pretty well out of sight, it's library folder hierarchy is not browsable so export some photos out of iPhoto to a newly created folder on your Desktop or wherever so then the Plex browser can 'see' them . ..