Please insert valid access card message after 6.3b update

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by cancan, Jan 7, 2007.

1. cancan

cancan New Member

Nov 29, 2003

Advertisements

I just received the 6.3b update on Friday, after it installed and the HR10 reboot I received a message that my access card was no longer valid. I was just about to call D but then I remember what they always tell you: Take out the card, clean it, unplug the receiver. So I did it and my service came back, but next morning I have the same message, so I did everything again. Today the same message appears. Anyone had have a similar problem? I should ask D for a new access card right? Does anyone know how long it’ll take? I’ll be able to watch Tv while the new card arrives or the moment they send the new one my service will be disconnected till I received ir? I don’t want to lose all the season premieres that are coming! Thanks!

2. zamzickles

zamzickles New Member

May 21, 2002
    The OC
    I have the same problem with 6.3a. It's not necessary to reboot, just pull the card and re-insert. It is annoying and does occur randomly, somewhat like the DVR service is not available message. That one requires re-boot. So I guess I have nothing to look forward to when I get 6.3b. Same old sheet, different day.

3. cancan

cancan New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    Have you call D* CS? It sounds like it should be fix with a card swap. Right?

4. cancan

cancan New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    Anyone please? I don't want to call D* for a new access card if it means I'll not have service till a new card arrives.

Thanks!

5. avNeophyte

avNeophyte Member

Mar 25, 2004

Advertisements

I've had the same problem with 6.3a three or four times. Just pulled the card then re-inserted it and the problem cleared immediately.

6. cancan

cancan New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    What worries me it's that I have had the problem 3 days in a row. If it continues this way I'll need to do this every day! Today was the first morning since the update day I don't received the message. I just hope it's somehow over. I just can't imagine living home for a weekend and return home just to see that nothing was recorded because of this.

Thanks for the info!

7. temp357

temp357 New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    I had the same problem with 6.3a and the problem was intermittent. Pull the card and put it back in and it works.

I've since downgraded to 3.1.5f and have not had the problem happen anymore.

8. cancan

cancan New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    Thanks! If the problem continues I'll downgrade to 3.1.5f for sure!!