"Please go to tivo page and name this DVR"

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by ldudek, Sep 7, 2007.

1. ldudek

ldudek New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    That's what it says where the place for the name of my TiVo S3 in "System Information." Of course when I got to TiVo home com it says the name of my DVR is "New TiVo" which is what it has been since I first named it.

Is this going to cause me some problems? I don't have any problem playing music from my computer. Maybe I should try a TiVo cast to make sure everything is OK?

I'm new so I couldn't put the exact message in until I get 5 post but I hope you understand what I am saying.

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It will cause no problems. It is only a display issue (since the TiVo is auto assigned a random name anyways). It is happening to all S3 and TiVo HD users atm. It appears they may be gearing up for MRV and TTG support so it has been disabled temporarily.

3. ldudek

ldudek New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    It's probably already been discussed then. I didn't even think about searching before I asked. :eek: Thanks for your response, I feel better now. :)

4. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    this issue, among others is posed to be resolved in further updates.... kinda like buyin a car advertised with air conditioning that won't be installed til a year or so... ?