Playback goes black for a second

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by CaseyK24, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CaseyK24

CaseyK24 Member

Apr 17, 2003

Advertisements

Hi,

I have a year old Tivo Bolt and very recently during a show playback and during live TV the screen goes black for a second or two then comes back. This happens more frequently when continuing to watch. If I rewind and watch the same scene over it plays fine so the black display is not part of the recording or live TV viewing. Also I'm not sure if its the HDMI connection to the TV because after experimenting I found that the Tivo banners (displays show name, etc) show up fine even when the screen goes blank so Tivo is still connected to the TV during that time.

Anyone else having a similar issue or have suggestions? I did reboot once and switch output from Automatic to fixed resolution and back and seems to happen in each trial.

Thanks.

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
  3. CaseyK24

CaseyK24 Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Yes but may be a slightly different problem if HDMI cables helped as Tivo banners are still showing up when problem occurs for me. Also other thread had no updates since September (until I added a comment).

4. CIR-Engineering

CIR-Engineering Video Calibration & Electronics Repair Engineer

Sep 24, 2017
    Chicago USA...
    I would start with trying different hdmi cables. It may be an hdcp issue which could possibly allow osd’s (on screen displays) to show up but protected content to be momentarily blocked. If possible, use a cable that is 6’ as hdmi spec works best with this length.

craigr

5. CaseyK24

CaseyK24 Member

Apr 17, 2003

Advertisements

Thanks for the explanation and suggestion. I will give it a try.