Planet Earth II on BBC-America

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by amyf, Feb 15, 2017.

1. amyf

amyf Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Central NJ
    I'm trying to set up a One Pass for Planet Earth II which starts on 2/18. The season pass only seems to pick up the first episode (Islands) but doesn't seem to find the second episode (Mountains) that is scheduled for 2/25, even though the TiVo shows the episode in the upcoming episodes (and has guide data through 2/26). Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
    Amy

2. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Probably borked SeriesIDs. One of both of them aren't recognized as part of the series that has multiple parts. Call support and report it. If you use Twitter, a sharp tweet that mentions @tivo, @TiVoSupport, and @tivodesign will help.

BRiT wtfdotcom likes this.
  3. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I take that back. It's because Episode 2 isn't seen as new. It has a 1st air date of 3/25/07

BRiT wtfdotcom likes this.
  4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's new on Screener. Too bad U.K. series are usually not handled well by TiVo.

Planet Earth II - Wikipedia

It would be really cool if we could get it in the original 4k.

5. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Gracenote/Tribute has it right. It's just TiVo/Rovi that is dropping the ball... again.

6. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Member

May 6, 2014
    I set up a OnePass for New&Repeats and they are both set to be recorded. This isn't the first time this has happened and won't be the last.

7. met_fan

met_fan Member

May 12, 2014
    Easthampton, MA
    I have it set up for new and repeats and it is not picking up episode 2.

8. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Member

May 6, 2014
    I doubt it matters, but FWIW, I set up my default "New" OnePass from the guide and when it didn't catch episode 2, I modified it to "New&Repeats.

9. tim1724

tim1724 Active Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2007
    Temple City, CA
    I pretty much always set any OnePass for a foreign show to New & Repeats unless I know for sure that it's airing the same day (or at least within a few days) in the US as in the other country. Better safe than sorry.

My Planet Earth II OnePass is picking up both episode 1 and 2. (1 is marked NEW in the guide, 2 isn't. I haven't checked the OAD.)

10. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    The original also had an episode called "Mountains" and the US OAD was 3/25/07. I bet they'll fix it by the time it airs.

11. amyf

amyf Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Central NJ
    I did report it to them, so you would hope they could fix it by then. I didn't check if any of the other episodes have names that match the original series.

12. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I have the UHD Blu-ray of this on pre-order. I think it comes out next month?

I have the first Planet Earth on Blu-ray. I don't think I've watched it since like 2008. I should re-watch it.

13. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I'll have to see if I get BBC America in HD. Been a while since I checked to see if it was upgraded. Maybe with Charter Spectrum it's better than it was with Time Warner Cable

14. randian

randian Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Southeast...
    I wonder how they screwed it up. It can't be the episode title, if that were a problem then every series with an episode titled "Pilot" would be borked.

15. cherry ghost

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Along with the title being the same, both are S01 E02. It shouldn't happen, but I can see how it did.

16. cherry ghost

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Looks like both have "Deserts," but the episode number is different.

17. randian

randian Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Southeast...
    That implies they aren't doing exact matches on series name. All kinds of badness ensues if they're doing prefix matches.

18. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
    I watched this via the BBC already - spoiler alert... it's awesome! Make sure to watch the post-credits scenes that most/all of the episodes have.

mickinct likes this.
  19. randian

randian Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Southeast...
    How are the same-named episodes different from those in Series I?

20. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Exactly what I did to get ep 2. I wouldn't even have checked the one pass, except I got concerned about whether I set the pass for all channels or AMC, as AMC is only showing the first ep.