Places to buy TiVo HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by shpope, Mar 9, 2012.

1. shpope

shpope New Member

Feb 10, 2005

Advertisements

Anybody have an idea of where I can pick up a HD? Ebay and craigslist my only options?

I'm on a grandfathered 6.95 plan so if I want HD I cant go with a premiere.

2. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    They have a lot of them on Amazon. New, used, and refurbished.

Whats going on with yours? Is it broke?

3. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    you could put a message on the eBay forum here and say that you want to buy one. Beware of capacitor problems.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    That's not necessarily true any longer.
    I've read some people have been able to transfer their $6.95 plan to a Premiere. Catch is you have to buy from TiVo and pay full price for the Premiere box.

5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC

Advertisements

Are you talking about buying a TCD652160?

Do you have one now on which you've got that grandfathered sub price?

Do you know for a fact that TiVo will let you transfer that to a different unit of the same model? Do you have that from them in writing?

Where are you geographically? I've seen that model on various cities' Craigslists for $30 to $50.

6. westside_guy

westside_guy Annoyingly ephemeral

Mar 13, 2005
    The soggy...
    I bought a used Tivo HD XL on Amazon and used it to replace an S2 on a $6.95/month plan a couple months ago.

When I was thinking about the HD or the Premiere, I found info on Tivo's website that specifically stated the HD is the last Tivo with which you can substitute in a new TSN.

In my case most of the Premiere's new features were unimportant, since my new TV has them all built in. I'm back to using my Tivo's simply as DVRs - for that, the HD is almost on par with the Premiere (lacking only in max transfer speed).

7. shadowplay0918

shadowplay0918 Member

May 16, 2011
    That was the exact offer I was given a few weeks ago. If I decide to stay with Comcast and not go to U-Verse (really annoyed Comcast is blocking HBO Go on the Roku box) I will probably call them back....