Pixelization in Recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Debbie25, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Debbie25

Debbie25 Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Oregon

Advertisements

Lately all of my recordings get Pixelization for a couple of sec. just about 1 min. into them.

The other thing that is happening is after we watch a recording and go back the to Menu the background will be Black instead of Blue. Once I click back button in the Menu it turns blue again.

Another thing is if we go over to something else like our DVD and then back to Tivo the screen will blank out for a sec. and back on. Doesn't matter if we go back to the Menu, Live TV or a Paused recording.

I called Tivo when only the last issue above was happening. They checked my Cable Card settings and found that it was not fully validated.

He called Comcast and they validated the card.
    I went back into the settings and they were still the same.
    Meaning: 'Val: V' and 'Auth: FWK'
    I was told this is not correct, so I went and swapped out the card with Comcast and this card is doing the same thing.
    Not sure if this is causing all the problems.

Anyone having these issues?

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    You should indicate which model TiVo you have, if you're hooked up to both antenna and cable, if you're using a tuning adapter in addition to the cable card.

3. Debbie25

Debbie25 Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Oregon
    Sorry for leaving that info out.

I have a 'TiVo Premiere XL4'.
    Comcast Cable In only
    Using a Cable Card 'M' only
    HDMI out to the Receiver and HDMI from the Receiver to the LG 55" 3D TV.

4. waynomo

waynomo My One Time

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I've HD this problem on some of my recordings lately. I'm on a Roamio Pro.

5. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008

Advertisements

It sounds like the overlap glitch in 20.3.8 to me. There are several threads in the Premiere and Roamio forums.

6. Debbie25

Debbie25 Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Oregon
    Reading a bit more in the Forums....
    As for the pixelization in the Recordings, it does sound like it could be the Overlap glitch.
    But it does happen in every recording. I'm not sure what Software ver. I have at this time.

As for the black menu issue or the glitch when switching to Tivo I read this:
    This is a known issue which is caused by a software bug related to the Tivo's output resolutions. Mixing resolutions from the menu and the program source. Locking it to one resolution seems to fix it for now.

I will check the Res. setting and see if that changes anything.

7. Debbie25

Debbie25 Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Oregon
    I checked my Res. when I got home and it was already set on 1080i only.
    I tried other settings like 720p only or all checked and still have the issues.
    Software Ver. is 20.3.8