Pirate Master's Cheryl commits suicide

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dbranco, Jul 30, 2007.

1. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
  2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    "and plus its not getting good reviews.”

Wow.

3. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    That's sad.

4. Joeg180

Joeg180 Burning Daylight

Jun 1, 2003
    Niskayuna
    Very sad.

5. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003

Advertisements

Not to sound callous but that's the most interesting thing to come out of the show.

That being said-my condolences.

6. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    of all the people on the show, I would have put her dead last as someone that might kill themselves...wow...

7. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    That's really too bad, in the article it mentions her BF killed himself a few months earlier, I can't even imagine what that would be like to experience.

I can't even fathom it, but I know it happens.

8. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah I could of taken 10 guesses and not ever guessed her.

Very odd backstory too.

9. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    So, was it because she went on the show that her BF killed himself? That was kind of a hard to follow backstory.

10. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    Well, I never actually watched this show, but it says the boyfriend committed suicide about two months ago. Wouldn't that have been long after the show had finished taping? Or was this shown closer to real-time, unlike Survivor?

11. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    Wow, that's sad and unexpected.

Don't they do some sort of psych testing before they put you in these shows?

12. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    my guess is that there's a lot of publicity stuff they have to do...many of the Survivor folks talk about becoming real friends "on the tour" so to speak as they go around promoting the show and doing interviews...maybe he was upset she wasn't around enough...that can put a strain on any relationship...

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Is it possible that because the show has been pulled from the air, she's not getting the money from the show that she originally thought she was going to, and had racked up a bunch of debt in reliance on it?

14. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I don't think so...she's not an actor, she's a contestant...whatever money she was going to get, she got...

now maybe she was counting on money from appearance fees and being a celebrity...that's a different story...

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure that if the show doesn't air, the prizes don't get paid. Not sure what happens if the show only air part of its run. I'm assuming that if they pull it before the major prize is awarded, the prize does not have to be paid.

16. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I would imagine that since (I'm assuming) the game played itself out before they started airing it that whether it gets cancelled or not, the prizes get paid. I certainly could be wrong.

17. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I wondered about whether the prize money gets paid out too.

On this show there is an added wrinkle, since a lot of the prize money is in those treasures and it's already been disbursed and reshuffled as the game goes along. Unless all those "gold coins" are worthless plastic and they must be exchanged with CBS for real money after the show aired or something? But the text said that people who were set adrift would get to keep what they had amassed so far . . . somehow it seems more complicated than just not writing a big check at the end.

18. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    It's not like she was the glass blower or something. She had a decent career. Maybe she quit thinking this would springboard her to celebrity? I doubt she could have been that dumb.

Frank

19. jtlytle

jtlytle Un-Registered User

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    I heard about Cheryl's suicide, about a week ago. But I didn't say anything because It might be a false rumor because there were no specific date when she died also didn't mentioned in newspaper nor news. The rumor were spread in several forums.