Pirate Master Preview on TV Guide Channel

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sadara, May 28, 2007.

1. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS

Advertisements

It was on last night. I forgot I had set it to record and then discovered it this morning. Looks like it's going to be an interesting show. It's a little like Survivor, but there's only one challenge, they gotta find the treasure. There are some other differences. The pirates have to elect a captain, the captain then elects to officers. Those three people get to black mark three pirates, the pirates can mutiny and send the captain home. Oh and the teams are suppose to get mixed up all the time, so alliances, especially early ones may not be as important. Should be interesting.

2. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Note: That mutiny requires unanimous vote. Also the prize is not just at the end, it is divided throughout the competition. I guess the reason to fight till the end is more chances to win more prizes (that and I am sure placing 1st will get you a certain sum). Oh also the captain and officers get nice beds while the others get ho hum beds. I agree, looks like an interesting show and we will see what MB can do with it.

3. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Thanks for filling in some of the other pieces, I knew I was leaving a few things out! My memory was failing me!

4. Zrealm

Zrealm New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    While there are prizes throughout, the last chunk of treasure is 500,000, so there's definitely good reason to stay

5. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006

Advertisements

Thanks I knew it was something like that. Also do we need to spoilerize the winnings amount? Better safe then sorry I guess.

6. disco

disco Father of Sam.

Mar 27, 2000
    Lake...
    I can't believe this show will NOT be in HD....stupid, ABC...:thumbsdown: Count me out.

7. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    First the show is on CBS. Second HD reality shows, especially those on the water, are tough to do. All the HD equipment needed is expensive. Think of how many cameras they have to have with 18 or so contestants (I don't recall exact number for Pirate Master, but still)

8. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I set up an SP since I like Survivor...I'm ready for something new so this sounds interesting...

9. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I will definiately be checking it out. Like some of the details here it sounds interesting.

Although as someone in Entertainment Weekly, we are challenged with the haves and have-not concept again, which MB used in both The Apprentice and Survivor this last season.