Pirate Master... cancelled

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dianebrat, Jul 24, 2007.

1. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Not a huge surprise with the way CBS has been moving it around.

CBS Cancels Pirate Master

I'll watch the last 5 episodes on the web, but considering how much less I've been enjoying it as the cast dwindles, very much the opposite of Survivor, it's not unexpected.

At least we'll get to see it burned off to completion on the web unlike shows like 3LBS that just went *poof* despite promising to finish out on innertube.

<insert obvious "walk the plank" "set out to drift" etc comments>

2. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    Well this is frustrating. Not that I particularly liked the show, but it's the show I watch with my son and he's going to be upset. I know I'll forget to watch it online. Grrrrr! Or more appropriately: Arrrrgh!

3. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I have a reminder set for myself to watch it online..... or I would forget too!

4. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    Oh, good thinking Sadara! I think I'll follow suit. ;0) Thanks for the suggestion.

5. kjnorman

kjnorman Enjoying being a Dad

Jun 21, 2002
    Chicagoland
    Well this will bum out my four year old who was routing for Louie. On well...

6. Fraser+Dief

Fraser+Dief New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Otttawa, Canada
    Frickin' great. Now I'll never see the end, because the online video stuff never works.

And they wonder why folks never start watching? Duh.

7. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    It wasn't the greatest show in the world, but it was a show my girlfriend and i liked to watch together. Guess we'll have to figure out something else to do now.

8. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Doesn't surprise me. It was background noise for me as my wife watched. I feel bad though...for my wife of course.

9. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Well I gave up on it on week 3, just because of time constraints really. I had anticipated catching up at some point but i would have had to found missing episodes around somewhere.

It is interesting they just did a massive ad campaign and launch for the show in Australia.

Mark Burnett is not having a good summer is he?

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    That sucks.
    Hopefully the remaining episodes become available in torrent form soon.

11. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    My problem with it was once strong leaders were put into place it became too difficult to unseat them. I doubt I'll watch the end.

12. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I've been meaning to start watching this show from the beginning. I've been catching it after Big Brother. I looks interesting but I don't quite grasp the concept.

13. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I was getting a bit bored with the show, but I would have watched the remaining eps on TV.

My internet connection often does not play well with streaming video feeds, so I'm not sure if I will watch the online eps. I guess I'll try, but if it's a hassle I expect I'll just give up.

Does the winner still get the money and everything if the show isn't fully aired?

14. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    On the CBS site, they've got the episode divided into 4 parts. I was able to watch parts 1-3, but it errors out on part 4. Anyone else have this problem?

deb

15. cal_s7

cal_s7 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Someone will record the streams and bittorrent the avi files. As bad as this show is I must see how it ends.

16. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    The CBS site wants me to install Real Player to view the show. Ain't gonna happen.

17. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    It would be good it our TiVo could go out to the web and download the remaining episodes from CBS but that technology must be some months away.

18. djbrown

djbrown Member

Dec 25, 2001
    Shiver her timbers?

19. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    My Mom was watching this but she doesn't have internet access (and doesn't know how to use it anyway). :( Maybe I can burn a DVD of a torrent and let her watch it on a laptop.

20. forecheck

forecheck Active Member

Aug 5, 2000
    Roseville, CA
    With all the cable channels that Viacom owns, it is a shame they couldn't dump the last 5 episodes on one of them, even if it is over night, so those without internet or don't like watching shows on their computer can see them.