Pirate Master 8/21/07 **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ewolfr, Aug 21, 2007.

1. ewolfr

ewolfr .

Feb 12, 2001
    SoCal
    It sucks that Louie had to go home. He was probably my favorite out of all the people that were left, but there was no way that Jay would vote for Ben after he threw the expedition so the black crew could win. I also never thought the Ben would admit to Louie that he sabotaged it and cost them the win.

2. twm01

twm01 Member

May 30, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I agree, Louie definitely deserved to be there. Jay and Ben have both 'sandbagged' an expedition (at least Ben had the courage to come clean), but Ben's didn't cost anyone because there was no treasure at the end of his (of course, he didn't know this until after his dirty deed was done). Ben's sabotage cost Louie $20k.

Christa dodged a bullitt as he Jay admitted he might mutiny even before she gave him the power. I hoped Jay would get rid of Ben as he is fast, both in and out of the water.

Poor Louie.

3. twm01

twm01 Member

May 30, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Additionally, from the previews, it appears that the 'ghosts' (eliminated pirates) get to come back for the finals; if they have any influence, Louie's treatment may help to seal Ben's fate, as he admitted to the sabotage and Christa has pointed him out as a liar in the previous ep as well. Makes Jay look like the good guy when he is the one pulling the strings.

4. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    [unsubscribe] it's been a while [/unsubcribe]

5. ced6

ced6 kharmawesome expert

Jul 30, 2003
    Morgantown, WV
    Man, I felt really bad for Louie this episode. Seeing him be so gracious accepting $5000, knowing that he should have had $20,000. That was tough. If he hadn't had such a bad losing streak, it wouldn't have been so bad.

And are these people out to win money or make friends? Krista made a stupid move by not taking Louie to the finals and putting so much trust in Jay. Jay was stupid not to cut one of the stronger players adrift. Oh well.

6. twm01

twm01 Member

May 30, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    since you've unsubscribed???

7. Mikkel_Knight

Mikkel_Knight New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Rochester, MN
    Yeah - I was kind of hoping she would have said "because us 3 made an agreement to keep you from winning, we are splitting the last haul 4 ways - each of us gets 10K. Just had to play the game and keep you from winning - it's all about the game.".

Louie muttering "I was played". DUH! It's a frickin' game! He was great, but he was either too naieve or wasn't able to separate gamesmanship from game.

Ben made a great speech when he said "You may be a better man than I, but I'm a better Pirate than you." Ben did what it took to stay in the game and to move himself forward - Louie would have been incapable of doing that - therefore, he didn't (doesn't) deserve the "title" of "Pirate Master".

Nice guys finish last.

8. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    So, does this mean the show is now OVER?
    If so, who won?
    How about a recap for the folks (Canucks and anyone else who has a computer on the other side of the U.S. border) who are blocked from viewing content online?

9. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Nope, one more episode to go.

10. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Thought for a second there was going to be a mutiny. Too bad for Louie that this wasn't an individual challenge.

11. dolcevita

dolcevita New Member

Jan 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I did a search, but didn't see a thread about cast member Cheryl's suicide.

RIP Cheryl.

12. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Great episode... I thought Jay was trying to cement his place in Pirate Master history as the biggest and baddest villain ever (of course, he didn't know at the time that Pirate Master history would be so short lived!)... I was waiting for that mutiny card to be played!

Glad he didn't though... I woulda felt bad for Christa who's trust, admittedly, was misplaced...

And as dolcevita brought up: RIP Cheryl :( She seemed like a pretty strong person...at least that's the "game face" she showed on camera... She must have been in a lot of pain.

13. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    here's the thread about Cheryl

One reason to get rid of Louie: you don't know how the voting for Pirate Master will happen...if it's anything like Survivor, you want to be competing against people that others will hate...Louie would beat almost everyone in a popularity contest...

14. dolcevita

dolcevita New Member

Jan 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Thanks -- you would think that would have turned up in search for Pirate Master Cheryl!