Pirate Master - 7/17/07 - Spirits in the Material World

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sadara, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS

Advertisements

Loved to see the Pirates that were cast adrift!! Juniper is gone..... which is ok with me. I hope the Ghosts are back next week..... that will be awesome! What a huge and totally lame mistake they made tonight!!

2. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    FYP

Just reassures everyone that they were right making him the first to be set adrift.

3. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    ha, it was late when I posted...... :) Thanks for the clarification!

4. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I don't know, I wasn't very impressed with what they did with the "Ghosts" thing. I was expecting a bit more. Not sure what I was expecting, but what they did seemed pretty mundane.

I also am very surprised they still voted with only three people. Surely they're going to switch that up somehow next week--they can't possibly only have two people voting. I'm curious to see how that will be handled.

We're obviously right on the verge of a shift in how this game is played, and I'm getting ready to see that happen soon. I've loved this show since I first saw, but even I'm getting a tad bored now.

5. Mikkel_Knight

Mikkel_Knight New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Rochester, MN

Advertisements

Sure they can - the Captain would make the tie-breaking vote... Same as when they had 8 people on the court (jury). I'm pretty sure that's what was said during one of the potentially tie-vote situations early in the season...

6. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Well sure, I know they could, but that just seems like a pretty small number of people voting.

Eh, who knows. :)

7. varybarry

varybarry New Member

May 30, 2007
    Yeah there really wouldn't be much point of voting with such a small number of people

8. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    That episode had so much potential but turned out so boring! I was hoping the ghosts would win, or there would be a mutiny, or SOMETHING interesting would happen. But no. This show is getting pretty boring. Hopefully next week . . .

9. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Thank good old John for what turned what could have been an interesting twist into such a dud. What a moron!

And I, too, don't see how they can possibly have two people deciding the fate of three others. Not that they couldn't, just doesn't seem right.

I wonder at what point they start doing individual "expeditions" rather than the group thing. Seems like we're getting close to something like that.

10. Joeg180

Joeg180 Burning Daylight

Jun 1, 2003
    Niskayuna
    So glad to see that John used his scientific mind to find that key. Where did the mask come from?

Joe Don, I don't want to point fingers.

Laurel discovered her back bone....

Jupiter should ahve pulled him aside instead of mentioning it at dinner.

11. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    Jupiter was an idiot. If you want to rat out your shipmates to get in with the captain, you go to him in private and keep it hush-hush. If you want to stay in the good graces of your shipmates, you keep your mouth shut. Why anyone would even consider doing what she did is beyond me.

John, obviously, also an idiot.

I don't like to point fingers either, as a general matter, but come on! In that circumstance I would point away.

12. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    This show had some potential, but it has failed to live up to it. I think the captain and officers have way too much power. Especially now that the numbers have dwindled. He's put together a strong 3-man team, they never get split up for challenges, and then if they win they are immune until next time.

Az is right. Why would he stop a winning idea? He's able to take most of the prize money, and what does he care if it's no longer fun for anybody but him and his officers?

The best chance the crew has at this point (and, what they should have done this week, had John not been such a bonehead) is for someone on the black crew to stage a one-man mutiny at the next challenge, and make Azimuth lose.

13. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I can only hope that the ghosts come back for next week and they don't loose!!

14. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    or lose!

15. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I know money is on the line, but I was hoping for the crew to sabotage the "triad" this week and help the ghosts win. Especially Louis. :(

16. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    Me too. They should get more money in the long run by throwing the Triad out of power. But the part where the ghosts choose the black spots may have been a big disincentive to this approach, depending on the relationships the remaining crew members have with the ghosts.

17. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I can't type.... or spell! :cool:

18. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I think the ghosts would have put up the Triad... I know I would have.

Hopefully they will mix up the game this week... the game lasted 33 days... I wonder what that means in terms of episodes?

I believe the ghosts are gone for good... that's how it sounded, but of course that means nothing. :)

And I STILL want to know where the host gets his anti-stigmata voting cards! Wicked!!!

19. Mikkel_Knight

Mikkel_Knight New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Rochester, MN
    This is the thing that I've been wondering why it hasn't happened the last couple of weeks...

It appears as if everyone needs to be nearby or right there when the clue is read or the next step is taken on the challenge...

Sandbag it - purposely dog it and slow down the Capt and his officers - take the lead and purposely get "lost".

Just doesn't make much sense to me that nobody has figured that out, or, if they HAVE figured it out, why they don't do it...

20. Mikkel_Knight

Mikkel_Knight New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Rochester, MN
    Well - the cards don't appear to be simple paper - they seem to be more "cereal box cardboard-ish"

and that would easily explain how the cards can appear to be "whole" again.