Pirate Master - 7/10/07 - "A Deal with the Devil"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pcguru83, Jul 11, 2007.

1. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC

Advertisements

Sure didn't see Joe Don going--I thought for sure Louie was a goner. Good episode though, the wife and I are still loving this show for some reason.

Looks like whoever called the previously booted pirates returning nailed it. "Ghosts of their past" must certainly be those previously voted off.

2. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    After Joe Don floated away I was disappointed and not excited about the rest of the show.... but after seeing the preview for next week, I'm excited again!!!!! :)

3. JnApop

JnApop I'm a delivery boy!

Feb 26, 2004
    North Denver
    I totally agree!
    I was so bent out of shape that the Red Team faltered like that. The Black Team was off "talking to God" and with Captain "try to feel better about myself" Azmyth, leading them around in circles, (Is that 2:00?) all they had to do was follow the Red Team, out run them, and get the keys? Arrgghhh!

I'd like to see brains win out over braun once in a while. :)
    Which will eventually happen to the "Triage". Let's face it, Jay is running that group.

Can't wait until the next episode.

4. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I think you meant "triad", not "triage"--a way of classifying sick patients. :p

You're right about Jay though, he is the real man behind the curtain. He has shown great strategy throughout the competition, and because of that he's probably my favorite and my pick to win it all.

5. JnApop

JnApop I'm a delivery boy!

Feb 26, 2004
    North Denver

Advertisements

Actually, I did mean "triage". :) That is what one of the contestants called the three of them in an earlier episode. Can't remember who, but it cracked me up at the time. :)

Jay would be my favorite at this point to win as well. Good Call!

6. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Ha! :D You know, now that you mention it, I remember that. I totally missed your dig on them with the quotes. Sorry about that. :eek:

I'm very curious to see how next week is going to work. How's the next person going to be eliminated?

7. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    I was thinking they were about due for "There are too many officers for this size crew." Then have the two sidekick officers draw balls to see which would be on the black team and which would be on the red team.

8. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I keep thinking that these expeditions should have two different routes.... one for the red team, one for the black team, then they meet up at the final point where the treasure is. This way one team cannot cheat off the other team. Had this been the case last night, I have no doubt that the red team would have won it.

9. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I thought Louie was a goner for sure! I think that was a poor choice by the crew . . . .

I am liking Christa for the win. At some point, there is going to be a shift in power or a switch to an individual immunity type of system. At that point I think all the triad members are in big trouble. Christa seems like the strongest woman, and she doesn't seem to be making any waves or enemies. She's also not getting much airtime, leading me to believe she lasts for a while.

I thought Kendra also played smart with her wheeling and dealing.

I can't believe the captain/officers are playing games related to starving the crew while they are eating well. Allocating money to yourself is one thing, but I think everyone should be entitled to eat a reasonable amount of balanced food. I mean that is a basic human right. Taking bigger portions would be one thing, but only giving the crew tiny bowls of gruel while you are eating huge plates of omelettes and vegetables? That really turned me off. What a bunch of asshats.

10. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I have the exactly opposite outlook. It's a game, and they are trying to win. I'm pulling for the black crew since they have finally shown some strategy in this thing. Kudos to them.

11. sketcher

sketcher Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Chicago Area
    I don't think so. The black team was the first team to the cannon area. After they found their clue, they moved away from that area to read it (so the red team couldn't "cheat" off of them) and could no longer see the beach down below to see the big "X". If there had been two routes, they wouldn't have had to move away to read it and would have spotted the big "X" right away and would have beat the red team down there.

12. sketcher

sketcher Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Chicago Area
    They're pirates! What do basic human rights have to do with anything?

13. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    But they aren't pirates. They are TV show contestants. And if they were really pirates, I am guessing they would all get to eat, since they would be working together in sailing the ship and doing piratey things. I just think starving your competition is cruel and dangerous. I wouldn't stoop to that level.

I did think making Louie and Joe Don do extra ship chores to tire them out was good strategic play. Trying to starve the crew was just over my line.

14. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Why is everyone clean-shaven when they show them being cut adrift. Wow, that's bad continuity. They must have decided to film those scenes after the show was completed.

15. sketcher

sketcher Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Chicago Area
    Do you watch Survivor? Do you have issues with them starving? Mark Burnett could certainly make sure they "eat a reasonable amount of balanced food" if he wanted to. I have much more heartburn over the lack of potable water at the beginning of each Survivor season than I do the lack of food.

16. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I may not have been clear -- my problem isn't with the overall subsistance level in which the contestants are asked to live. I have no problem with that; they signed up for it. My problem is when a group of people is being asked to survive together in those conditions and a subset of the group decides that they are unwilling to share what small rations they do have with others for gamey reasons.

I do watch Survivor. On the few occiasions where the contestants have tried to deny food or water to other contestants for alliance-based, strategic reasons, I have had a huge problem with it, yes. (I am not counting challenge wins or extra bonuses that they are not permitted to share -- I am talking about, so-and-so is in our tribe but not in our alliance, so let's not give them any fish.) I just think when you are living together in a group there is a basic human level where you should try and make sure everyone gets adequate food, water, and medical care, instead of withholding those things from people for personal gain.

17. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I can't believe Kendra didn't stay bought. The other 3 girls are going to compare notes and soon Jay and the Triad will know that Kendra voted for Louie. Bad girl, bad!

18. sketcher

sketcher Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Chicago Area
    As you may have guessed, I don't have a problem with it. It's all part of the game. It seems like it would be less disagreeable than dropping a pile of branches on the other team's heads during a challenge.

Oh, well. To each their own.

19. Fraser+Dief

Fraser+Dief New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Otttawa, Canada
    Yes, the challenge design is quite poor. They really need some variety here, something Survivor manages to do. What we have right now is just pure physicality, and it's been that way all along.

Excellent idea.

Another excellent idea. Something to shake things up is desperately needed. Hopefully next week will be that.

20. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    You have to admit though, Joe Don made a pretty compelling argument when he brought up how he "saved" her during the swim to shore.

But I agree, as compelling as it was, I'm really surprised she didn't go through with the vote she promised--especially since she so emphatically insisted to the camera that she would be true to her vote if bought.