Pirate Master - 5/31/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sadara, May 31, 2007.

1. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS

Advertisements

I've already missed a decent part of the show because my tivo keeps rebooting and weather break ins. It's not even 15 mintues in to the show and I've only seen two minutes worth. Can someone please give a recap when the show is over.

Thanks!!

2. fireman9302

fireman9302 Nobody listens to me

Jul 1, 2004
    Nowhere...
    +1

Wow did you see that!!!!one!

3. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Nashville, TN
    I only saw a few seconds and ain't so sure I want to see more. Then again, I hate Survivor, so there you go.

4. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I loved Survivior (gettin' long in the tooth IMO). But this last season I was not feeling it. Not feeling this one either. But I'll give it a couple of more weeks.

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

I thought the show got a lot more interesting after the election of the captain. I liked all the reactions when the booty got divided unequally. And what's with the "scientist / exotic dancer" description?

6. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Black crew won challenge and banked $40,000. They then elected JD as Captain, who got half, so $20,000. JD then chose two officers, can not remember their name and they got $5,000 each. All other black crew members got only $2,000. This money can be used anyway they wish, so it can be split evenly if the captain wanted to give up some of his share or used for bartering. Captain chose three members, John, Louie and a chick, again bad with names. Each defended themselves. John tried to play a card saying to mutany against JD or else if he is voted of he is taking both compasses with him. JD then goes we don't need those, big dipper points to North Star, once you have noth you know South, East and West. In the day take a stick and put it in the mud. Mark the end of the shadow. 30 minutes later mark the end of that shadow. Draw a line, that is East and West, you then know North and South. John then ask JD which way North is now. JD looks up, waits waits waits and goes I don't know. Everyone then votes. It is unanimous... John goes home. JD cuts him away.

7. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    He is a scientist and Chippendale dancer.

8. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    [​IMG]

9. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Wow that's a bad show...so cheesy that Mark Burnett felt the need to cash in on Pirates of the Caribbean AND rip off his own Survivor show.

This show will not be added to our "must watch" list this summer.

10. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    This was painful to watch. "Survivor" on a ship... No thanks, CBS.

11. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I sort of enjoyed it although it seemed quite scripted and/or rehearsed compared to Survivor. Prop overload on that challenge.

But it's not like there's much else on right now. The scenery is pretty, the people aren't all boring. I will give it another week at least.

12. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Wow I am an idiot. Chippendale dancer, he does not work for Disney and dance around. ::smacks forehead:: Hence why I should not write up post while trying to work and do my job...

13. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    As far as the show goes I think it has potential with the using gold as you wish, possibly bribes, secret alliances, etc. I wonder though how they change the captain or if it just stays the same until a mutiny. Also once there is a captain change how is a new one selected. I think until all the rules are out then can gauge better if it is a good show or not.

14. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I thought it was really good. The structure of the game should make for some interesting game play.

That John guy was insane. Did he really think stealing the compasses would work

15. pantherman007

pantherman007 Blah blah blah

Jan 3, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Blech. I feel a little sick after sitting through that for an hour. Drama is *way* too forced.

16. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    It did seem a little forced, but that's to be expected with any new show (no matter how closely they copy others before it). I figured it would be a little rough with growing pains...I'll bet it gets better throughout the season. I think we're just spoiled with Survivor. ;0)

That John guy was just plain weird! SO glad he went. Bleh! What a putz to take the compasses and use them to try to make everyone vote to keep him. All it did was make everyone lose even more respect for him (if there was any left to lose at that point).

It would suck to be the Captain, though JD seems to be enjoying it quite a bit. It seems pretty inevitable that eventually we would see a mutiny since the others are going to want some of that $$. I think the only way the Capt. would stand a chance of staying in the game is if he bent over backwards to treat his crew really well. I'm not so sure JD is up to that challenge.

17. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    It does seem heavily scripted. And I'd bet there were a lot of retakes trying to keep the cameras and sound equipment out of the shots, etc. in such a confined space. The pace of the first episode was a little rushed. I'd like to see a little more about how they're living day to day but I guess we'll get that in future episodes.

I'm not all that impressed, but it's a helluva lot better that Treasure Hunters was last summer. Plus its about pirates. I'm a sucker for anything about pirates. :D

18. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    it took about 5 seconds for the producers to show us a lot of cleavage ;)

what's up with John and his Zorro outfit :confused:

so far, the game seems pretty easy...I'm sure there will be a twist but JD (captain) only needs to bribe one or two regular crew members to make sure the mutiny vote is never unanimous...

Alexis seemed to be the hottest eye candy...until she spoke...stupid is not sexy :eek:

19. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Do you think Mark Burnett is upset at the producer of this show for completely ripping off Survivor? ;)

Anyway, I gave up on Survivor over the past few seasons (Thursdays too crowded) but this is good summer fare. I'll keep watching for now.

20. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I'll continue watching. It could be fun and will certainly be good for the summer roster. I mean if I sat through Treasure Hunters and Family TAR, I can sit through this.

I am rooting for the Nigerian Nightmare!

[​IMG]

oh......I almost forgot.....

+2