Pioneer 810H Upgrade

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jspool, Aug 15, 2007.

1. jspool

jspool New Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Hi,
    I own a Pioneer DVR810H with a lifetime Tivo subscription.
    If I upgrade the 80 hr hard drive to something larger, will I lose the lifetime subscription? I'm not sure where Tivo pulls the ID from.
    If I can upgrade the machine, does anyone have any suggestions as to what and how?
    Sorry if the answers are alredy somewhere in the forum. I searched bu couldn't find anything.
    Thanks
    Jonathan

2. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    Welcome to the forum!

I own several of these TiVos as well, most with LifeTime subscriptions. And I've upgraded the hard drives, too. See my sig below.

So, to answer your questions:

Nope, you will not lose your lifetime sub. TiVo pulls the ID from the motherboard in the machine. There is a chip somewhere that has the info.

To upgrade the hard drive, check out the Upgrade forum here. I suggest going to mfslive.org . Or check out weaknees.com. You download a CD disc image (.iso) and create a boot CD. Then put your pioneer drive and a blank drive into a computer and execute the right command. The website has a command generator to help you.

No problem asking. Someone is bound to point you in the right direction, if you ask nice. :)

Hope that helps,
    robomeister