Pioneer 810 keeps the power up display

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Robmir, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Robmir

Robmir Ret. Broadcast Eng

Jun 8, 2003
    Way down...

Advertisements

When I got home I noticed the time was not right and when I turn on the tv it showed the power up display.

Unplugged and plugged a couple of times and unfortunately no front panel display but the same power up on the tv.:(

How do I check if only the hard disk is damaged, by the way my Tivo has the oem hdd and never was upgraded.

Any sugestions of which is the best HDD upgrade in case the remaining electronic parts are okay

2. bedelman

bedelman Call me Bob

Feb 26, 2001
    Crystal...
    I've been happy with the ready-to-go drives I've gotten from Weaknees

I accidentally (and stupidly) managed to fry the power supply in my 810H about 8 months ago when I was doing some electrical work on the circuit -- and I was able to get a replacement power supply from them as well

3. rcobourn

rcobourn Registered Snoozer

Nov 10, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    99 times out of a 100 that would be the hard drive. You can get a drop in replacement from some place like weaknees or DVDupgrade, or you can do it yourself a good bit cheaper. Lots of info on how to do that around here.

4. Robmir

Robmir Ret. Broadcast Eng

Jun 8, 2003
    Way down...
    Thanks to all, but is there a simple test to pinpoint that it's the hard disk so I don't waste money on a new HDD if there is another problem besides the HDD ( I live in south america, and since last september the Tivo server has blocked any IP outside the US so I can only download the programming but not any movie, video or music meaning I am paying for a premium service but got the basic and I am quite upset about this)

5. rcobourn

rcobourn Registered Snoozer

Nov 10, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ

Advertisements

Yes, pull the drive and run Spinwrite on it.