Picture shows fine on signal strength screen, but not live

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by AudinWi, Feb 18, 2018.

1. AudinWi

AudinWi New Member

Feb 18, 2018
    Our NBC channel shows a good signal strength when we go the signal strength meter. Signal strength meter is at 75 and the live tv feed displays on this screen as well. When we go to the actual live tv channel though, all we get is a black screen and an error message saying there is a problem with the signal. How can the signal be strong enough for a crystal clear picture on the signal strength test screen, but not on the channel itself for live tv.

2. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Lots of other threads on this exact thing, including several very recent. I see you are a new member, so you should take some time to browse these forums and see what is available to learn.

In short, you probably have a WRONG channel selected in your channel list, so the channel you see in your guide and try to tune in is not the same one you are looking at in the Signal Strength screen.

If you are absolutely certain that the only NBC channel you have checked in your channel list is the EXACT same one you are checking in your Signal Strength screen (same logical channel, same physical broadcast channel, and same channel call letters), then try to run a channel scan to re-verify the received channel - there has occasionally been a problem where an existing channel quits working, but is fixed by this simple step.

kpeters59 likes this.
  3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try a Reboot, then Guided Setup again.

Something must have messed up in the setting of the channel.

4. AudinWi

AudinWi New Member

Feb 18, 2018
    @V7Goose

Thank you for the reply. I did search for this topic, but I couldn't find anything. I must have not searched with the right phrasing/words. I did another channel scan, and again deleted all but the one showing a signal on that frequency. I had tried that earlier without success, but this time it worked. Thank you again for the solution!