Picture problems Roamio OTA Please help.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by msabbey51, Jan 15, 2018.

1. msabbey51

msabbey51 New Member

Jan 5, 2018

Advertisements

I am very discouraged. We connected our new Roamio Ota and it was great until we started seeing static, snow, and a pink/purple tinted screen. Sometimes it goes back and forth between the purple picture and snow. I called tech support and after switching hdmi cables they said our unit was defective. Now I swapped out the old for the replacement thT was sent. And for about 30 minutes everything wa fin. Then it started again. I disconnected and reconnected the hdmi cable and the picture was good until I used the remote. Then the flashing between purple and snow began again. When I first turn the tv on, the picture is fine. I have no trouble until I use the remote. Then I can tab up and down with the volume control and get the picture to stabilize. Sometimes it takes awhile. This happens on live tv, recorded tv and streaming.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    Curious if you are using Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi for connection to your router? Sounds like you may have an Ethernet connection problem. WiFi issues would probably only give you lag or buffering. And make sure your antenna connections are solid.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Have you tried using a different HDMI cable, and/or connecting to a different HDMI port on your TV?

If your TV is "smart," have you connected it to the network to check for any firmware updates?!(Or via whatever process is required for your particular TV.)

(Just trying to rule out possibilities that aren't your Roamio.)

4. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Certainly sounds like an HDMI problem, either with the cable or your TV. If using a different cable and different HDMI input on the TV does not fix it, check the TV settings and make sure any special HDMI settings are turned off. Also make sure your TiVo video output setting is set to a fixed resolution, and test it with different settings, such as fixed 720p and fixed 1080i.

5. msabbey51

msabbey51 New Member

Jan 5, 2018

Advertisements

This is an older Vizio. Not smart. I did get a new HDMI cable but will try a different port. Thank you

6. msabbey51

msabbey51 New Member

Jan 5, 2018
    I will try all of those ideas.

7. msabbey51

msabbey51 New Member

Jan 5, 2018
    I am using WI-FI until I run a cat 5 cable. I have checked and rechecked connections. Thank you

8. msabbey51

msabbey51 New Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Hi. Well. I changed HDMI ports and changed the TiVo video output settings to a fixed resolution. Whenever resolution changes we get a flash of snow/pink tint. But that is momentary and we can now enjoy watching and using our new TiVo.

krkaufman likes this.
  9. msabbey51

msabbey51 New Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Oh. And thank you very much

10. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Good to hear.

Were you able to resolve your MpCA networking concerns from your prior thread?

Roamio OTA and MoCa setup. Help?