Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kad7777, Dec 8, 2019.
What will take place when I phone Tivo regarding activation?
What should I expect will happen?
Its already activated, so you just need to call CS to transfer ownership to your account, previous owner unknown.
Don't call. Make an account at TiVo.com and activate it there. If that fails, then call.
If your using it as a stand alone, without Mini's, do nothing, just hook it up and use it.
Since it has lifetime set it up and let it make some calls to the "mothership"...then after a week call to tivo and tell them the situation. I went through that when I picked up 2 Premiere's with lifetime from Goodwill (and had no previous owner info)
My posts on similar subject
Necessary to transfer used lifetime Premiere to my account?
Bought TiVo with lifetime at Goodwill, can't get in activated on my account
Thank you all for the advice.
Will post what happens.
*** UPDATE 12-15-19 ***
Okay, so here's what took place:
1) connected new(er) Roamio to the internet and let the DVR update.
2) right after that, I tried to activate Roamio via my Tivo account. Got message that the DVR had already been activated and to call Tivo.
3) after debating to call or let newer Roamio stay connected for a few days, I decided to call Tivo.
4) explained that I had just purchased the Roamio on Ebay, that I did not know who previous owner was and would like to activate it and add it to my account.
5) Tivo rep asked for proof of purchase. Sent her a print screen document of the final purchase price from Ebay auction.
6) Within a minute or two, all good.
All that being said, the pairing of the cable card that I took out of the older roamio to use in newer roamio took a few hours to get my channels (via Spectrum tech that finally knew what to do) and getting my minis to work with newer roamio took some time as well. The newer roamio had an older software version than my minis. Minis had current software version and the newer roamio's software was older. Therefore, minis could not recognize the newer roamio until I updated the roamio to current software version (older roamio was updated with current software). Transferring of recordings and One Pass with Tivo Online was a learning curve and a little tedious but worked fine.
All these Tivo devices need to connect to Tivo service before they can acknowledge the changes and connect to each other.