Phone line for reactivation?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Mike1138, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Mike1138

Mike1138 New Member

Jul 17, 2002
    Colorado

Advertisements

I'm thinking about resubscribing to DTV (DARN YOU SUNDAY TICKET!). I recorded a bunch of shows my Daughter likes before I canceled my service and my DTiVo has been working just fine playing those back. Since I don't have a land line, will that be a problem if I resubscribe and try to use my DTiVo?? The customer service rep said it wasn't possible but she was clueless, so...

2. msommer

msommer Card's Fan

Apr 4, 2005
    I don't think you will have a problem if the Tivo can still play recorded shows. I replaced the access card on one of my boxes recently and when I called to get it activated, the CSR told me the phone had to be hooked up as well. I just told her it was (my boxes are zippered) and it worked fine. As long as the dvr service was active on the box when you cancelled, I THINK you will be fine.

3. BeanMeScot

BeanMeScot Sci-Fi Junkie

Apr 17, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I just reactivated my acct after about 15 months. All my shows are fine and I can now record new ones again. They reactivated the box through the satellite. It did seem to need to make a call though before the channels would come through. The tech seemed to think it was confused because of the lack of call. You would probably only need to make one call, if that.

4. Mike1138

Mike1138 New Member

Jul 17, 2002
    Colorado
    Things are coming back to me now... :) I can make this call from anywhere, correct? Meaning I can take my TiVo to a buddies house and have it call in from there w/o it being connected to the satellite?

BeanMeScot, what kind of deal did you get? They offered me $10 off/month for 12 months, $100 off my bill over 10 months, Starz & HBO free for 3 months, and $19.95 for installation. The installation fee kind of irks me, when they have free installation on-line. All I need is the dish, and I can install that myself if needed... I know it's wishful thinking but I wish they would give me a better deal considering if I resub I will be paying $280 for SundayTicket. :( Why can't I like the local team!?? :p

5. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...

Advertisements

You can make the call from any landline, so go to a Family Members place, or a Friends etc.

6. BeanMeScot

BeanMeScot Sci-Fi Junkie

Apr 17, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I was offered $20 per month off each package for 10 months with no installation and a Free DVR or HD Receiver and a free DVD player. I think there was also 3 months of free Showtime, HBO or some other channel. I didn't take any of it. I didn't want a contract for 12-24 months so I am paying the regular amount everyone pays after their promos. It's still cheaper than Comcast and I can leave at any time.