Philips TV freezes TiVo Mini

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by prisk, Jan 1, 2020.

1. prisk

prisk Member

Nov 19, 2006
    I have a Roamio, plus 5 TiVo Minis. The Roamio and 3 Minis are connected to Sony TV's and one is connected to an Element. Never had a problem with any of them.

The newest Mini is connected to a Philips. Every time I turn the TV on, all I see is the "Press TiVo Button" on the TV, floating around. The Mini is frozen. Have to unplug it to get it to work. It is in our workout room, so usually 24 hours passes between uses. There is an HDMI sleep setting in the Philips which I turned off, but it doesn't seem to help. I've swapped out the Minis and get the same issue, so I'm thinking it is either the TV or the location. Any suggestions?

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Try pressing the volume key before turning on the Philips tv. Philips tv suffer from toggle bit, it won't respond to the same key twice, unless the remote is programmed to handle toggle bits. The tv sees power as you turn off the set, next day you hitting power again to turn on the set, not working. So power the previous day, next voiume , then power. See if it works.

3. prisk

prisk Member

Nov 19, 2006
    It didn't work. The TV works fine. But the TiVo says "Press TiVo or Live TV". The box moves around the TV, but the TiVo is frozen other than that. The light on the Mini is pale blue and doesn't change when a remote button is pressed.

4. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Have you tried moving the mini to another TV to rule out it isn’t the mini

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Have you tried using the remote in IR mode? TiVo button + "C" until LED blinks 3x.

Do you put the Mini into Standby when you are finished?

6. prisk

prisk Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Yes. I tried several of the Minis in the basement. They work in other places but not in the basement.