Philips DSR7000 free to good home

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by karyhead, Jul 21, 2011.

1. karyhead

karyhead New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I upgraded to HD about 2 years ago and my poor DirecTivo has been sitting in a closet feeling neglected. I'm about to move and have no desire to lug it across the country with me. Seeing that this Tivo brought me many happy hours of entertainment it doesn't feel right to throw it out.

Is there anyone that would like to have it? If you can cover shipping, it's yours. If you're in NYC, even better, you can pick it up.

It's last known condition was working, but other than powering it up and getting video output, I won't be able to verify satellite functionality.

2. eleventeen

eleventeen New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    New Jersey
    You still have this? Mine finally died over the weekend after freezing every few days over the past few months.

3. karyhead

karyhead New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I do. Are you in Jersey? Can you get to Brooklyn? Pretty easy to get to me up 4th ave after the Verrazano bridge. It would save me a lot of time if you could pick it up.

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Keep in mind that DirecTV will not activate a non-RID box, such as the DSR7000, that wasn't already on your account.

5. karyhead

karyhead New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    So he can't put his activated card in a different unit? That's too bad. Guess it'll have to go live on a farm upstate. =(

6. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    That is correct.

7. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    If eleventeen has an active access card from the failed non-rid unit, that card can work with a new non-RID box just by using the "Reauthorize My Receiver" functionality at directv.com.

8. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Really? That will work?

9. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    Yep

10. eleventeen

eleventeen New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    New Jersey
    I dont' think I can get into the city to pick up, I'm in NJ but South Jersey outside of Philly. I can send you a UPS label if you have a box?
    I probably only need a power supply to put in my unit if I can't get that box activated.