Phantom Device

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JoeyS, Dec 18, 2019.

1. JoeyS

JoeyS Member

Jul 12, 2017
    I have three Tivo devices on my wired home network. 2 HD units and one Roamio unit. Under "Now Playing," the three devices appear correctly named on TWO of the devices........ but on ONE of the HD units, there is a Phantom device called BFR-4305, which actually shows the content of the OTHER HD unit PLUS it shows the OTHER HD unit correctly with it's proper name. i'e.; it shows it TWICE, one correctly and once with this goofy name, albeit, the contents are correct under BOTH names.

Again, this is only showing up wrong on ONE of the Tivos. The other two are correct.

My tivo.com account all shows correct WITHOUT the duplicate, phantom name.

SO..................how to fix (get rid of the duplicate name on the one HD unit) is my question.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Reboot them.

3. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    If rebooting doesn't work - rename them all to something else on tivo.com, and give each unit multiple daily calls over the next 24 hours until they all agree on the new names. Then if you wish, rename to to their desired names, and repeat the procedure.

Renaming a unit often unsticks, something...

Mikeguy likes this.
  4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Lordy, it shouldn't require all of that.

DaveB673 likes this.
  5. DaveB673

DaveB673 New Member

Jan 1, 2020
    This thread answered one of my questions. I am shopping for a TiVo (or two, depending on how things go) now. I am glad to read that multiple TiVos are usable on the same wired network...
    Hope I can avoid that renaming process.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I've been using TiVo for 20 years and never had to go through all that renaming stuff.

Usually forcing a couple of daily calls on all the units will clear this sort of thing up.