Person of Interest The Fix OAD 10/27/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Nov 4, 2011.

1. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I smelled that Ms. Michael Clayton, the fixer, was going to be a new regular. Maybe not.

The writers on Person of Interest are out of ideas already.

This one had the "Michael Clayton" fixer and the-evil-drug-company-that-will-stop-at-nothing-to-get-the-drug-approved-and-make-huge-profits as seen early on in "The Fugitive."

It's like a plot rehash-a-thon. :mad:

It had major plot sense gaps. Like, why did the firm, after hiring her for sticky fixer missions over and over, suddenly decide that this time she couldn't be trusted and had to be killed?

It also had the "Tell the big boss OH! HE KNOWS!" cliche.

Oh, and Fitch: SoundSoap clears up those pesky noises.

Watch on the web:
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/person_of_interest

2. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I didn't understand why they needed her to pay the blogger and retrieve the file. Did I miss something? Seemed they could have done the money exchange themselves or gotten anybody to do it. Why pay a high priced fixer just to exchange a payment for an item? Especially since they were planning on killing her all along to avoid the loose end.

3. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Yeah, and this another case where Hollywood seems to fail to understand that a digital file doesn't make for a good MacGuffin. Anybody and everybody along the way can make copies and now upload it to clouds everywhere. You almost never need THAT thing it's on.

4. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Exactly!
    Jonathan Nolan wrote my favorite movie-Memento, which is basically all plot, so I'm surprised how badly some of this show is written.

5. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Hackneyed plot, hot actress