Pee-wee Herman Show on Broadway (HBO)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TIVO_GUY_HERE, Mar 21, 2011.

1. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas

Advertisements

Tried to watch this last night on HBO. I got to about the 20 minute mark, and just couldn't take it anymore. Was a fun watch for the nostalgia of it all, but after that it just got creepy.

2. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Funny, I only made it about 20 minutes as well.

3. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I just finished watching it and loved it. I was a huge fan of his first HBO show in the early 80s. I've probably seen it 20 times. I was also a huge fan of Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and his Saturday morning Playhouse show. I thought it was really great to see this new show with all the old characters. Only sad thing was that Captain Carl could not be there. :(

4. MLR930

MLR930 Mandie

Dec 26, 2002
    Rhode Island
    I loved it as well, yeah it made me miss Phil all over again

5. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...

Advertisements

+1 to all of that except for the loving it part. I was excited to see the playhouse, but there was too much repeated material from his first HBO special IMO.

6. kdelande

kdelande TiVo-Wobble

Dec 17, 2001
    Louisville,...
    Fan from the Playhouse show back in the day, I'm traveling and have HBO in my hotel and caught this last night. While it put a smile on my face to see such a faithful recreation of the Playhouse, I just didn't get into this nor did I find it funny at all. Too bad. :(

KD