Peanut Remote not responding?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Walls, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Walls

Walls New Member

Jul 15, 2007

Advertisements

I have a regular Peanut remote, and i dropped it one day and it fell apart. I put it back together but now when i press buttons, the red light shows but my Tivo and my TV doesn't respond to anything. I tried reseting the remote but it still didn't work. is there anything i can do to fix this, or do i need to buy another one? thanks.

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Do you have camcorder or digital camera? Point the remote at the camera and press a key while looking through the viewfinder, do you see IR signal? If not then its broken.

3. Walls

Walls New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Yep it's broken. Is there any place i could buy one? I heard Directv doesn't make them anymore, so is there any other option other than ebay?

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    What model TiVo is it? I think a peanut remote on the TiVo website might work!

But you might want to consider getting an inexpensive universal remote.

5. Walls

Walls New Member

Jul 15, 2007

Advertisements

It's a Philips DSR708. And the remote on the tivo website doesnt work with directv Tivos i think..

6. moxie1617

moxie1617 Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Chicago...
    Try these Peanuts at weakknees.
    http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-peanut-remote.php

I have a Hughes S1 DirecTivo and my S3 glow remote works with it.

Edit: Missed the copy at the top of the Weakknees page. They say if you use a Peanut Remote, any other Peanut remote will work.

7. louiemanno

louiemanno New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    The standard TiVo remote does work with the Direct TV box… I have both a standard TiVo and the DTV- TiVo. Order one online and in the meantime… See if a local electronics store will give you a loaner, I talked the local Radio Shack into doing that. If the store balks at the idea offer to leave a deposit.

Louie Manno