PC-to-TiVo transfer doesn't finish

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by ignavia, Jan 1, 2006.

1. ignavia

ignavia 4 8 15 16 23 42

Oct 4, 2004
    South Louisiana

Advertisements

Until the other day, I had not tried transferring video back to the TiVo from the PC. In fact, I hadn't even upgraded to desktop 2.2. Anyway, I recorded Batman Begins from PPV last week. It's 3 hours long. We started watching it when it came on, but fell asleep, so I transferred it to the PC. I didn't want to KUID it, 'cause I recorded it at high, and it's only a 40-hour TiVo.

TMI, sorry.

For the past several days, I've tried transferring it back to the TiVo unsuccessfully. I'll start it, it shows up in NP with the blue dot, but then later, it's gone. Completely gone, but the PC still shows up in the list. I've unsuccessfully transferred it three times now. Once, I tried copying a regular mpg version, and had the same problem, so I can't see how it's a DRM thing from being recorded from PPV. Just to see, today, I transferred a :30 show recorded in basic and it transferred with no problems.

Any thoughts as to what I can try?

2. ignavia

ignavia 4 8 15 16 23 42

Oct 4, 2004
    South Louisiana
    I tried again, and I watched it get up to 2:15 out of 3:00 before I had to leave the house, and when I got back, the recording was GONE. AARGH! I'll probably end up transferring it to the laptop and outputting the video to the TV. So much for having a TiVo.

3. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    Have you estimated how much High-Quality space you have left on your 40-hour TiVo? Perhaps there isn't enough room, or it is set to expire early getting bumped off by the next scheduled recording.

4. ignavia

ignavia 4 8 15 16 23 42

Oct 4, 2004
    South Louisiana
    Good thought, thanks. But when I transferred the plain MPEG, the date was the date of the transfer, not of the recording, and it too was gone before I saw it done.

5. Stu_Bee

Stu_Bee New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Silicon...

Advertisements

I'm not quite clear if you ruled out the Tivo not having enough diskspace or not. Can you delete a bunch to make sure you are well under, then try again. Does any info show up in recording history?

6. Killer69

Killer69 Free Your Inner TiVo

Jun 16, 2004
    Saint Paul, MN
    It is likely not a space issue on the Tivo. After you transfer the movie look in the "To Do List" then under the Not Recorded folder (might be named something different....I'm not in front of my TiVo now). This should give you a reason why the transfer failed, if it failed.

Also can you watch the movie on your PC? I have found that if I cannot watch it on my PC the TiVo will puke on the movie also.